Java Data Engineer (SQL/NoSQL)
Palo Alto Networks® is a revolutionary and dynamic company creating next generation enterprise security products. If you are a motivated, intelligent, creative, and hardworking individual who wants to contribute and make a difference, this job is for you!
We are the global cybersecurity leader, known for always challenging the security status quo. Our mission is to protect our way of life in the digital age by preventing successful cyberattacks. This has given us the privilege of safely enabling tens of thousands of organizations and their customers. Our pioneering Security Operating Platform emboldens their digital transformation with continuous innovation that seizes the latest breakthroughs in security, automation, and analytics. By delivering a true platform and empowering a growing ecosystem of change-makers like us, we provide highly effective and innovative cybersecurity across clouds, networks, and mobile devices.
Our Security Operating Platform is built for automation. It is easy to operate, with capabilities that work together, so customers can prevent successful cyberattacks. They can use analytics to automate routine tasks, so they can focus on what matters. We are known for continuously delivering innovations; and with Application Framework, we extend that to an open ecosystem of developers that benefit from our customers’ existing investment in data, sensors, and enforcement points.
You will be responsible for architecture, design and development of the query, reporting and analytics components of the Application Framework for the Palo Alto Network Threat Intelligence group. Actively participate in design, evolution and implementation of connectivity tools that allow ability to search and retrieve information from the Framework. Help design and implement reporting backend for efficient execution of queries on petabyte scale data store using innovative techniques.
Key to sucess for this role is strong SQL and NoSQL.
- As a Big Data Java Engineer, you will be an integral member of our data processing team with focus on efficient query execution on a large multi-tenant data store.
- Develop libraries and tools that allow a variety of external tools and applications to and connect to the data store run the queries using standardized open protocols like JDBC as well as proprietary rest APIs.
- Communicate and work with Product management, operations, and quality assurance groups to achieve ease of use and adoption, quality, diagnosability and operability of these components.
- Suggest and implement improvements to development tools and processes.
- BS in Computer Science/Engineering, or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience in design and implementation in a data processing environment with large volumes of data
- Some systems design experience that involves designing a solution that involves multiple inter-operating components
- Good understanding of SQL and NoSQL databases, to some degree their internals and database connectivity standards like JDBC
- Hands on with Java, object modelling and generally aware of trends and techniques in Java world. Some exposure to scala may be desirable but not a must.
- Experience working with Hadoop and/or Elasticsearch eco systems and Cloud-based deployments is a plus
- Self-driven with passion for innovation with can-do attitude on problem-solving, quality and ability to execute
- Good interpersonal and teamwork skills
For more information, please visit www.paloaltonetworks.com
Back to top