Java Data Engineer (Cortex)
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission: protecting our way of life in the digital age by preventing successful cyberattacks. It’s not a small goal. It isn’t simple either, but we aren’t in this for the easy answer. As a company with a foundation in challenging the way things are done, we’re looking for innovators with a dedication to best. In return, your career will have a tangible impact – one that's working toward technology that affects every level of society.
Our mission doesn’t happen by treading softly – no, it happens by defining an industry. It means building products that haven't been thought of. It means selling products with a solutions mindset. It means supporting the infrastructure of a company that moves at an incredible speed – intentionally – to stay ahead of the world’s next cyberthreat.
Our Security Operating Platform is built for automation. It is easy to operate, with capabilities that work together, so customers can prevent successful cyberattacks. They can use analytics to automate routine tasks, so they can focus on what matters. We are known for continuously delivering innovations; and with Application Framework, we extend that to an open ecosystem of developers that benefit from our customers’ existing investment in data, sensors, and enforcement points.
As a Data Java Engineer, you will be an integral member of our data processing team with focus on efficient query execution on large multi-tenant data stores. You will be responsible for architecture, design and development of the query, reporting and analytics components of the Application Framework for the Palo Alto Network Threat Intelligence group. Actively participate in design, evolution and implementation of connectivity tools that allow ability to search and retrieve information from the Framework. Help design and implement reporting backend for efficient execution of queries on petabyte scale data store using creative techniques.
- Develop libraries and tools that allow a variety of external tools and applications to and connect to the data store
- Run queries using standardized open protocols like JDBC and proprietary rest APIs
- Communicate and work with Product management, operations, and quality assurance groups to achieve ease of use and adoption, quality, diagnosis and operability of these components
- Suggest and implement improvements to development tools and processes
- BS in Computer Science/Engineering, or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience in design and implementation in a data processing environment with large volumes of data
- Some systems design experience that involves crafting a solution that involves multiple inter-operating components
- Deep understanding of SQL and NoSQL databases, to some degree their internals and database connectivity standards like JDBC
- Hands on with Java, object modelling and generally aware of trends and techniques in Java world. Some exposure to scala may be desirable but not a requirement.
- Experience working with Hadoop and/or Elasticsearch eco systems and Cloud-based deployments is a plus
- Ambitious with a real passion for innovation with can-do attitude on problem-solving, quality and ability to execute
- Good interpersonal and teamwork skills
To stay ahead of the curve, it’s critical to know where the curve is, and how to anticipate the changes we’re facing. For the fastest growing cybersecurity company, the curve is the evolution of cyberattacks, and the products and services that proactively address them. Our engineering team is at the core of our products – connected directly to the mission of preventing cyberattacks. They are constantly innovating – challenging the way we, and the industry, think about cybersecurity. These engineers aren’t shy about creating products to solve problems no one has tackled before. They define the industry, instead of waiting for directions. We need individuals who feel comfortable in ambiguity, excited by the prospect of challenge, and empowered by the unknown risks facing our everyday lives that are only enabled by a secure digital environment.
Our engineering team is provided with an unrivaled opportunity to build the products and practices that will support our company growth over the next decade, defining the cybersecurity industry as we know it. If you see the potential of how incredible people products can transform a business, this is the team for you. If you don’t wait for directions, instead, identifying new features and opportunities we have to just get better, this is your new career.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our dedication to inclusion and innovation, visit our Life at Palo Alto Networks page and our diversity website.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace and provide equal consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals. If you require assistance or an accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Meet Some of Palo Alto Networks's Employees
Jacqueline T.Senior Technical Support Engineer, Team Lead, Endpoint Security
Jaqueline and her team assist customers who call in with technical questions or issues in order to ensure excellent user experiences and complete platform security.
Back to top