Java Data Analytics Engineer (Threat Intelligence)
Palo Alto Networks® is the fastest-growing security company in history. We offer the chance to be part of an important mission: ending breaches and protecting our way of digital life. If you are a motivated, intelligent, creative, and hardworking individual, then this job is for you!
You will be responsible for new architecture design and development for the data processing and analytic infrastructure for Palo Alto Networks’ next-generation firewall. Actively participate and provide leadership to team members to develop scalable data processing pipelines. Define and scope new features for processing and detection of security events. Design, develop and maintain cloud infrastructure pipelines, features and frameworks. Work with different development and quality assurance groups to achieve best quality. Suggest and implement improvements to development processes
- As a Java Data Analytics Engineer, you will be an integral member of our data processing team with a focus on extracting security insights from data
- Good understanding of distributed systems, and relevant frameworks for data processing and analysis
- Ability to communicate with research teams and data scientists, finding bottlenecks and resolving them
- Design and implement scalable architectural models for ingestion, processing and storage of large volume of security events gathered from heterogeneous set of sensors
- Build functionality for real time detection, correlation, search and aggregation of security events
- 5+ years of experience in design and implementation in an environment with of terabytes of data
- 5+ years of experience with large data distributed systems.
- 5+ years of experience with Java with a focus on search, analytics, information retrieval.
- Passion for doing research on large data sets containing ill-formatted data
- Can-do attitude on problem-solving, quality and ability to execute
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills
- BS in Computer Science/Engineering, or equivalent experience
Meet Some of Palo Alto Networks's Employees
VP, Supply Chain Operations
Vonnie oversees the end-to-end supply chain for the manufacture and delivery of Palo Alto Networks’ hardware, ensuring that customers receive outstanding products in a timely manner.
Back to top