Palo Alto Networks is the next-generation security company, leading a new era in cybersecurity by safely enabling applications and preventing cyber breaches for tens of thousands of organizations worldwide. If you want to make an impact, are motivated, intelligent, creative, and hardworking, then this job for you!
Our Summer Internship Program provides you:
- 1:1 mentorship
- Fun and engaging events that inspire your intellectual curiosity
- The opportunity to expand your knowledge and work on challenging projects
- Connections to other interns, recent grads, and employees across the company as well as our leaders.
The law department is responsible for providing legal services and advice to the company, its various departments and employees. The Legal Intern will report to the Legal Operations Specialist on a day-to-day basis, with oversight and governance from the Deputy General Counsel, Vice President of Legal Affairs, both of whom are based at headquarters in Santa Clara, California.
Scope of Work:
Past projects have included drafting of agreement templates; conducting diligence on internal procedures; scoping and documenting processes and procedures. Close attention to detail is an essential skill, as is the ability to effectively communicate in writing and orally.
- Work in a high-tech in-house legal department;
- Exposure to multiple law practice groups: Technology, Transactions, Privacy, Employment, Intellectual Property, Corporate Securities, etc.;
- Participate in projects related to any of the practice areas identified above;
- Learn about the various tools, processes, and applications used to run an effective and efficient in-house legal department.
The successful applicant should possess:
- Business-related experience and a strong interest in a transactions-based practice.
- Ability to prioritize and manage numerous tasks quickly, accurately, and efficiently in a fast paced environment and under deadline pressure.
- Diligent, flexible, detail orientated and self-motivated.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal), interpersonal and computer skills are required.
- Sense of humor and commitment to professionalism and collegiality.
Requirements: All applicants must be pursuing a JD degree in an ABA-accredited law school, have completed the second year, and returning to school in the fall. You must have authorization to work within the United States.
Meet Some of Palo Alto Networks's Employees
Jacqueline T.Senior Technical Support Engineer, Team Lead, Endpoint Security
Jaqueline and her team assist customers who call in with technical questions or issues in order to ensure excellent user experiences and complete platform security.
Back to top