Intern - SQA Engineer (Automation)
Palo Alto Networks® is the next-generation security company, leading a new era in cybersecurity by safely enabling applications and preventing cyber breaches for tens of thousands of organizations worldwide. If you are motivated, intelligent, creative, hardworking and want to make an impact, then this job is for you!
Our Summer Internship Program from May-August or June-September provides you:
- 1:1 mentorship
- Fun and engaging events that inspire your intellectual curiosity
- Opportunities to expand your knowledge and work on challenging projects
- Connections to other interns, recent grads, and employees across the company as well as our leaders.
The QA team is part of Engineering and is responsible for ensuring high quality product releases.
The Automation team develops test frameworks, scripts, databases and web pages for automated testing of our firewalls, appliances, and signature update packages.
Previous interns have worked on projects such as:
- A system to analyze firewall configuration files and provide statistics on feature usage
- Scripts, clients and servers to test detection of virues over SMTP protocol
- Database, web pages and scripts to provide statistics on bug reports vs. software versions
- Database, web pages and scripts for a lab inventory system
In this position you will have the opportunity to learn:
- Database queries
- Web page design and development
Skills - Candidates should have:
- Completed a course in Python programming
- An interest in networking and security
Requirements – To apply, you must be pursuing a 4-year Undergraduate Degree, a 2-year Master’s Degree or a Doctorate degree and returning to school in the fall. You must have authorization to work within the United States.
Back to top