Intern - Security Research Engineer
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
We are looking for a motivated, intelligent, hardworking and creative intern to join the Content Engine team as a Security Research Engineer. As a Security Research Engineer, you will be part of a team that develops content to power the next-generation firewall for providing malicious file detection and data loss prevention. You will be applying static analysis on files traversed through network to detect any malicious activity or privacy information leakage. You will be working on our Content Engineer team who builds automated systems, develops protocol decoders, writes signatures to identify applications (APP-ID)/file types and provides cutting edge technology on malware detection.
Our Summer Internship Program from May-August or June-September provides you:
● 1:1 mentorship
● Fun and engaging events that inspire your intellectual curiosity
● Opportunities to expand your knowledge and work on challenging projects
● Connections to other interns, recent grads, and employees across the company as well as our leaders.
● Learn how next-generation firewalls inspect network packets
● Gain hands-on experience with various automation systems
● Gain knowledge about different protocols and ways to identify devices
● Basic understanding of common binary/document file format such as PE, Office and PDF
● Basic understanding of common layer 7 network protocols such as HTTP, SMTP and FTP
● Good programming skills
● Experience with malware analysis is a plus
● Experience with Big Data Analysis and Machine Learning is a plus
● Must be pursuing a 4-year Undergraduate Degree, a 2-year Master’s Degree or a Doctorate degree and returning to school in the fall.
● You must have the authorization to work within the United States.
Our Security Services Team is responsible for building next-generation threat prevention and antivirus solutions and shipping high-quality content to our products to prevent successful cyberattacks. The areas include malware analysis, IoT security, Web security, network security, privacy protection.
We’re trailblazers who dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: We can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at email@example.com.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Back to top