Intern - Professional Services Support Staff
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
Our global internship program trains the next-generation of cybersecurity talent across a range of specializations, from threat intelligence to information security, engineering, and marketing. Interns and recent graduates can learn about the network security industry from leading thinkers, grow their professional networks, and be part of a career-defining experience.
As a Professional Services Support Staff Intern, you will have the opportunity to provide technical support to onsite/field Professional Services Consultants and Resident Engineers, following documented methodologies, in the areas of basic device configuration and upgrades, initial Panorama configuration, greenfield (new) policy configuration buildout, technical and non-technical documentation (diagrams, customer run book, internal documentation), and performing the data gathering for health check and best practice assessments. The Professional Services Support Staff also will assist the Global Practice Leads in development and review of content as directed. This is an entry-level position for which Palo Alto Networks will train the right candidate for success.
Our Summer Internship Program from May-August or June-September provides you:
- 1:1 mentorship
- Fun and engaging events that inspire your intellectual curiosity
- The opportunity to expand your knowledge and work on challenging projects
- Connections to other recent grads, and employees across the company as well as our leaders
- Configuration (initial), licensing, upgrade, and best practice setup of the Palo Alto Networks Security Operating Platform and Panorama system
- Greenfield buildout of new security policies and supporting objects
- Data gathering for assessments of customer configurations
- Firewall rule conversion and migration leveraging Palo Alto Networks tools and methodologies
- Build technical documentation, including network diagrams, in support of Professional Services engagements
- Perform validation of candidate firewall configurations leveraging Palo Alto Networks lab environments
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Basic understanding of internetworking, LAN, and WAN technologies
- 0-3 years’ experience supporting a network environment
- Ability to be self-starting and manage multiple tasks at a given time
- Ability to work individually and as a part of a team
- Any TCP/IP and/or networking background
- Familiarity with virtual environments
- Any programming background; especially Python, PHP, or PowerShell
- Any network security exposure to include firewalls, routers and Intrusion Detection/Prevention systems Desired
- BS in Computer Science, MIS, Business or equivalent education/training/experience
- Prior network, security, cybersecurity, IT Helpdesk or network support experience
- Industry certifications from Palo Alto Networks and/or other network vendors (CompTIA, SANs GIAC, CCNS, PCNSE, etc..)
- This position requires zero customer travel, although opportunities may arise, but will be required to attend the annual PS Summit.
Requirements – To apply, you must be pursuing a 4-year Undergraduate Degree with a GPA of 3.0 or above, a 2-year Master’s Degree or a Doctorate degree and returning to school in the fall. You must have the authorization to work within the United States. Please note that we will not sponsor applicants for work visas for this position.
Our professional services team is critical to our success and mission. As part of this team, you will help enable customer success by providing support to our team and our clients after they stop once they sign – it just evolves. Our professional services team provides behind-the-scenes support to meet our customer’s needs. As threats and technology evolve, we stay in step to accomplish our mission.
You’ll be involved in implementing new products, transitioning from old products to new, and will fix integrations and critical issues as they are raised – in fact, you’ll seek them out to ensure our clients are safely supported. We fix and identify technical problems, with a pointed focus of providing the best customer support in the industry.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Back to top