Intern - Prisma SaaS Software Engineer
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
We are seeking a motivated, and a quick learner to join our Prisma SaaS Engineering Team. This fast-growing cloud service provides next-generation security for enterprise SaaS applications such as Box, Dropbox, GitHub, Google Apps, Slack, Salesforce and many more. We enable organizations to store terabytes of sensitive data in these applications while preventing any security threats to their cloud. You will be part of the team that helps to solve challenging problems. You will be able to design, develop and implement software that improves the stability, scalability, availability, and latency of the Prisma SaaS & Data Protection Services.
Our Summer Internship Program from May-August or June-September provides you:
- 1:1 mentorship
- Fun and engaging events that inspire your intellectual curiosity
- The opportunity to expand your knowledge and work on challenging projects
- Connections to other interns, recent grads, and employees across the company as well as our leaders
- You will be able to experience first-hand how our team transforms ideas into an enterprise class cloud security service
- You will have the opportunity to collaborate with cross functional teams
- You will learn and use Java, SpringBoot, Jenkins, Metrics on Grafana, Elastic search, MongoDB, Redis and multiple AWS services
- You will also be exposed to the automation framework, responsible for deploying the platform in the cloud
- Be a self-starter, able to learn independently and adapt fast.
- Possess very strong Java and Python programming skills
- Experiences with Java backend development, REST API and AWS cloud services. Nice to have knowledge with CICD, MongoDB and ElasticSearch
- Have a good understanding of distributed systems, schedulers, workers and queues
- Have a passion for automating and continuous deployment systems
Requirements – To apply, you must be pursuing a 4-year Undergraduate Degree, a 2-year Master’s Degree or a Doctorate degree and returning to school in the fall. You must have the authorization to work within the United States.
Our engineering team is at the core of our products and connected directly to the mission of preventing cyberattacks. We are constantly innovating — challenging the way we, and the industry, think about cybersecurity. Our engineers don’t shy away from building products to solve problems no one has pursued before.
We define the industry instead of waiting for directions. We need individuals who feel comfortable in ambiguity, excited by the prospect of a challenge, and empowered by the unknown risks facing our everyday lives that are only enabled by a secure digital environment.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Back to top