Intern - Java Software Developer
Palo Alto Networks® is the next-generation security company, leading a new era in cybersecurity by safely enabling applications and preventing cyber breaches for tens of thousands of organizations worldwide. If you are motivated, intelligent, creative, hardworking and want to make an impact, then this job is for you!
Our Summer Internship Program from May-August or June-September provides you:
- 1:1 mentorship
- Fun and engaging events that inspire your intellectual curiosity
- Opportunities to expand your knowledge and work on challenging projects
- Connections to other interns, recent grads, and employees across the company as well as our leaders.
Our team is responsible for building our latest cloud security product – Aperture. This fast-growing cloud service provides next-generation security for enterprise SaaS applications.
You will be working on our backend team who delivers the engine of one of the biggest distributed enterprise security applications in the world.
Past projects have ranged from integrating new SaaS applications into the Aperture ecosystem to creating proprietary micro services that support the core functionality of the Aperture platform. Projects typically involve design and implementation of highly scalable distributed services hosted in the cloud.
- You will be able to experience first-hand how our team transforms ideas into an enterprise class cloud security service.
- You will have the opportunity to collaborate with many of our supported SaaS vendors.
- You will learn and use Kafka, Spark, MongoDB, Redis and multiple AWS services.
- You will also be exposed to the automation framework, responsible for deploying the platform in the cloud.
The successful applicant should…
- Be a self-starter, able to learn independently and adapt fast.
- Possess very strong object-oriented programming skills in Java.
- Have practical experience consuming RESTful web services using JSON.
- Have a good understanding of distributed systems, schedulers, workers and queues.
- Have good design and architectural skills to build micro services.
Requirements – To apply, you must be pursuing a 4-year Undergraduate Degree, a 2-year Master’s Degree or a Doctorate degree and returning to school in the fall. You must have authorization to work within the United States.
Back to top