Intern - Infrastructure Software Engineer
Palo Alto Networks® is the next-generation security company, leading a new era in cybersecurity by safely enabling applications and preventing cyber breaches for tens of thousands of organizations worldwide. If you are motivated, intelligent, creative, hardworking and want to make an impact, then this job is for you!
Our Summer Internship Program (May-August) or (June-September) provides you:
- 1:1 mentorship
- Fun and engaging events that inspire your intellectual curiosity
- Opportunities to expand your knowledge and work on challenging projects
- Connections to other interns, recent grads, and employees across the company as well as our leaders.
Our Infrastructure Software team is responsible for supporting the infrastructure needs of all other software and hardware teams at Palo Alto Networks. We develop system IPC mechanisms, internal process management, HA and fault tolerance, as well as the daemons and tools responsible for monitoring our platforms and maximizing system performance.
You will be working for our Infrastructure and Platform groups who lead the way on development of new platforms and features for our PanOS operating system.
The Infrastructure Software role involves developing a good understanding of system software specifications and then coding in C and/or Python to implement critical new functionality. Past projects have ranged from developing tests and tools for detecting process memory leaks, to designing and coding a software library that uses Linux Logic Volume Manager to dynamically manage disk partitions for our daemons.
- You will develop code that will actually ship with PANW products
- You will learn from experienced, world-class engineers
- You will gain exposure with cross-functional engineering teams
- You will experience the development cycle first-hand
The successful applicant should…
- Be strong in C and Python programming
- Desire to be challenged
- Enjoy developing creative solutions independently
- Possess strong motivation to achieve
Requirements – To apply, you must be pursuing a 4-year Undergraduate Degree, a 2-year Master’s Degree or a Doctorate degree and returning to school in the fall. You must have authorization to work within the United States.
Back to top