Intern - Application Framework Software Engineer
Palo Alto Networks® is the next-generation security company, leading a new era in cybersecurity by safely enabling applications and preventing cyber breaches for tens of thousands of organizations worldwide. If you are motivated, intelligent, creative, hardworking and want to make an impact, then this job is for you!
Our Summer Internship Program from May-August or June-September provides you:
- 1:1 mentorship
- Fun and engaging events that inspire your intellectual curiosity
- Opportunities to expand your knowledge and work on challenging projects
- Connections to other interns, recent grads, and employees across the company as well as our leaders.
Palo Alto Networks® Application Framework team enables you to consume security innovations quickly and efficiently. The framework extends the capabilities of the Palo Alto Networks Security Operating Platform through a suite of APIs developers can use to connect apps with rich data, threat intelligence and enforcement points. Your teams can use apps for detection, analytics, automated prevention and rapid response, extending the value of your existing investment in Palo Alto Networks. Organizations gain immediate security value from apps developed by Palo Alto Networks, third parties or your own team. Apps are available on the Palo Alto Networks Cloud Services Portal, letting you discover, activate and access promising new capabilities from an ecosystem of developers.
- Design and Test scalable software features and help automate on our next-generation Application Framework
- Work with different development and quality assurances groups to achieve the best quality
- Work with DevOps and the Technical Support teams to troubleshoot customer issues
- Learn latest Big Data Technologies and get hands-on experience by working on them
The successful applicant should…
- Have extensive hands-on programming skills in Python or proficiency in at least 1-2 other programming languages
- Basic Understanding of Big Data Technologies such as Kafka, Hadoop, Elastic Search, Kubernetes, Docker
- Networking skills is a plus
- Virtualization, such as ESXi, KVM, Hyper-V is a plus
- Experience in one or more cloud platforms, such as AWS, Azure, GCE, is a plus
- High energy and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong collaboration and communication skills
Requirements – To apply, you must be pursuing a 4-year Undergraduate Degree, a 2-year Master’s Degree or a Doctorate degree and returning to school in the fall. You must have authorization to work within the United States.
Back to top