Infrastructure Security Principal Architect (Information Security)
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission: protecting our way of life in the digital age by preventing successful cyberattacks. It’s not a small goal. It isn’t simple either, but we aren’t in this for the easy answer. As a company with a foundation in challenging the way things are done, we’re looking for innovators with a dedication to best. In return, your career will have a tangible impact – one that's working toward technology that affects every level of society.
Our mission doesn’t happen by treading softly – no, it happens by defining an industry. It means building products that haven't been thought of. It means selling products with a solutions mindset. It means supporting the infrastructure of a company that moves at an incredible speed – intentionally – to stay ahead of the world’s next cyberthreat.
We are seeking a Security Architect to join our Information Security team and partner with the Palo Alto Networks’ business groups to best understand the organization’s needs and how they relate to our global information security posture. In this role you will report to the Director, Security Architecture and will be responsible for executing security related projects and programs. You will be working very closely with the infrastructure and product teams to assess our security, make recommendations, and suggest solutions. This is a fast-paced, post startup environment and part of your success will lie in your willingness to learn and drive change across the organization.
- Design and implement security capabilities to protect Palo Alto Networks enterprise and hosting environments
- Partner with Palo Alto Network’s Security Operations team to facilitate transition of security capabilities and services into operation
- Identify, assess and remediate security architecture gaps across the Palo Alto Networks environment
- Collaborate with multiple engineering teams to establish standards, baselines, policies, and controls that predict and prevent threats to Palo Alto Networks infrastructure and customer data; covering public-cloud, private-cloud and SaaS applications.
- Identify gaps, risks and issues and navigate organizational structure to resolve them
- Be a strong thought leader and clearly communicate and build support for your ideas
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience/training
- 6 years experience in information security/security engineering/architecture roles
- Minimum of 3 years experience in Network Engineering roles
- Experience working with Engineering groups, building secure and scalable architectures, controls and policies, preferably in a SaaS environment
- Experience working with compliance frameworks and supporting audits
- In depth knowledge on platform, virtualization and host security
- Experience with firewalls, IDS/IPS devices and DLP technologies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to establish priorities, work independently and proceed with objectives
- Well organized and able to utilize the best methods and approach problems with a creative, can-do attitude
- CNSE (Palo Alto Networks), CISSP, CISM, CCNP, CCIE, or other Networking and Security certification equivalent is a plus
- Experience with multiple vendor technologies including Palo Alto Networks (Preferred), Aruba, Arista, Silver Peak is a plus
- Experience with identity management solutions (Okta, Ping, etc.) is a plus
- Experience with SOC1/SOC2 and other SaaS certifications (ISO, COBIT)is a plus
- Experience with DevOps and highly automated environments is a plus
- Service-provider cloud infrastructure architecture experience is a plus
Think about it, security for an information security company. Working at a high-tech cybersecurity company within Information Security team is a once in a lifetime opportunity. You’ll be joined with the brightest minds in technology, our global teams on the front line of defense against cyberattacks. We’re joined by one mission – but driven by the impact of that mission and what it means to protect our way of life in the digital age. Join a dynamic and fast-paced team that feels excitement at the prospect of a challenge and feels a thrill at resolving security gaps that inhibit our privacy.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our dedication to inclusion and innovation, visit our Life at Palo Alto Networks page and our diversity website.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or an accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Meet Some of Palo Alto Networks's Employees
Jacqueline T.Senior Technical Support Engineer, Team Lead, Endpoint Security
Jaqueline and her team assist customers who call in with technical questions or issues in order to ensure excellent user experiences and complete platform security.
Back to top