Infrastructure Security Principal Architect (Information Security)
We are seeking a Security Architect to join our Information Security team and partner with the Palo Alto Networks’ business groups to best understand the organization’s needs and how they relate to our global information security posture. In this role you will report to the Director, Security Architecture and will be responsible for executing security related projects and programs. You will be working very closely with the infrastructure and product teams to assess our security, make recommendations, and suggest solutions. This is a fast-paced, post startup environment and part of your success will lie in your willingness to learn and drive change across the organization.
- Design and implement security capabilities to protect Palo Alto Networks enterprise and hosting environments.
- Partner with Palo Alto Network’s Security Operations team to facilitate transition of security capabilities and services into operation.
- Identify, assess and remediate security architecture gaps across the Palo Alto Networks environment.
- Collaborate with multiple engineering teams to establish standards, baselines, policies, and controls that predict and prevent threats to Palo Alto Networks infrastructure and customer data; covering public-cloud, private-cloud and SaaS applications.
- Proactively identify gaps, risks and issues and navigate organizational structure to resolve them.
- Be a strong thought leader and clearly communicate and build support for your ideas.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience/training
- 6 years experience in information security/security engineering/architecture roles
- Minimum of 3 years experience in Network Engineering roles
- Experience working with Engineering groups, creating secure and scalable architectures, controls and policies, preferably in a SaaS environment
- Experience working with compliance frameworks and supporting audits
- In depth knowledge on platform, virtualization and host security
- Experience with firewalls, IDS/IPS devices and DLP technologies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to establish priorities, work independently and proceed with objectives
- Must be well organized and able to leverage best practices, able to thrive in fast-paced environment, and, most importantly, have the ability to approach problems with an innovative, can-do attitude
- CNSE (Palo Alto Networks), CISSP, CISM, CCNP, CCIE, or other Networking and Security certification equivalent
- Experience with multiple vendor technologies including Palo Alto Networks (Preferred), Aruba, Arista, Silver Peak
- Experience with identity management solutions (Okta, Ping, etc.)
- Experience with SOC1/SOC2 and other SaaS certifications (ISO, COBIT)
- Experience with DevOps and highly automated environments
- Service-provider cloud infrastructure architecture experience
We are the global cybersecurity leader, known for always challenging the security status quo. Our mission is to protect our way of life in the digital age by preventing successful cyberattacks. This has given us the privilege of safely enabling tens of thousands of organizations and their customers. Our pioneering Security Operating Platform emboldens their digital transformation with continuous innovation that seizes the latest breakthroughs in security, automation, and analytics. By delivering a true platform and empowering a growing ecosystem of change-makers like us, we provide highly effective and innovative cybersecurity across clouds, networks, and mobile devices.
Our Security Operating Platform is built for automation. It is easy to operate, with capabilities that work together, so customers can prevent successful cyberattacks. They can use analytics to automate routine tasks, so they can focus on what matters. We are known for continuously delivering innovations; and with Application Framework, we extend that to an open ecosystem of developers that benefit from our customers’ existing investment in data, sensors, and enforcement points.
Learn more about Palo Alto Networks here and check out our fast facts !
Back to top