Head of Cloud and Strategic Alliances
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
As a member of the Palo Alto Networks channel team, you will be responsible for strategic partnership development to support mid and long term incremental revenue.
You will need to understand the overall China sales strategy, working closely with the China District Sales Managers and channels team and execute further collaboration with regional cross-functional teams to identify, evaluate, and prioritize opportunities in support of the broader partnership strategy including developing the business case, structuring deal terms, and developing a negotiation strategy and leading negotiations whilst communicating with all stakeholders at all stages of the deal process to secure buy-in and approvals.
1) Be the China go-to-person to collaborate with HQ & internal regional stakeholders and drive SaaS offerings (Core Growth, Prisma, and Cortex) localizing in China
- Manage China Cloud landing projects, and work closely with the HQ & APAC stakeholders and China Legal team to deliver the localized SaaS offerings compliant with company policies and China Cybersecurity Law
- Prioritize the landing of Prisma Cloud (Full GA to support Azure, AWS, following Alibaba support in 1st release), TwistLock SaaS and Prisma Cloud Enterprise Edition, Prisma Access, Cortex/Zingbox IoT solutions
- Develop, collaborate and negotiate with HQ/APAC/Greater China internal stakeholders to resonate the commercial workflow, the localized GTM model and the priority of product readiness
- Educate & communicate with the sales leaders, internal sales team and partner members whenever appropriate and needed
- Mobilize the necessary resources such as Consulting SE and PM teams on technology integrations and testings with China Cloud Providers
2) Be the project owner to explore and identify white-labeled opportunities
- Evaluate government regulations and risks, together with China legal team
- Identify and prioritize the targeted markets for white-labeled product or solution
- Investigate China white-labeled market on potential partners and segment markets
- Keep an update-to-date understanding of BIS control against governmental or SOE end users, to keep Palo Alto Networks in compliance
- Under Corporate product and executive support, build the local prototype of white-labeled products, by integrating with local solutions
- Make breakthrough first from the incumbent customers and installed bases, to demonstrate opportunity possible for the white-labeled market
- Identify 2 to 3 local OEM partner candidates for long term VM porting and integration
- 12+ years of Sales/BD/PM experience in reputed MNC alongside business strategy planning and market development expertise with deep analytical and business modeling skills
- Passion for product, technology, and creating great customer experiences
- Deep understanding of the competitive landscape in enterprise technology
- Leading cross-functional teams and driving key business development initiatives from creation to implementation in partnership with CXO
- Has connects and relationships with key Channel Partners & Consultants
- Ability to lead, influence and drive results in a complex technical and business environment
- Ability to communicate and influence all levels from senior executives on down and all functions (such as product management, marketing, sales, services, finance and legal)
- Key interpersonal traits: motivation, creativity, adaptability, unquestionable ethics & integrity, and a willingness to take calculated risks
- Expertise in structuring, negotiating, and managing complex commercial deals and acquisitions is nice to have but not a requirement
- Shows developing professional expertise in the field and applies company policies and procedures to resolve a variety of issues.
- Has established a working knowledge of company products and services
- Intensive travels in Beijing, Shanghai, and Shenzhen are expected
- Fluent in communication with US and India product teams
Our Sales team members work hand in hand with large organizations around the world to keep their digital environments protected. We educate, inspire, and empower our potential clients in their journey to security.
As part of our Sales team, you are empowered with unmatched systems and tools, constantly updated research and sales libraries, and a team built on joint success. You won’t find someone at Palo Alto Networks who isn’t committed to your success — everyone pitches in to assist when it comes to solutions selling, learning, and development. As a member of our Sales team, you are motivated by a solutions-focused sales environment and find fulfillment in working with clients to resolve incredibly complex cyberthreats.
We’re trailblazers who dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: We can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at email@example.com.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Back to top