GSI Systems Engineer, EMEA
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
You will work with your sales partner to establish relationships with customers with the goal of helping them detect and prevent advanced cyberattacks and breaches by advising them on what applications to deploy from the Palo Alto Networks platform. Our systems engineers have a deep technical understanding of cybersecurity products, integrations, and the critical cyberthreats facing our potential customer’s environments.
We need these technical guides to work with our sales teams, providing training and technical support. You build trust with our clients and teams, establishing strong rapport as a trusted advisor, and build an environment where our clients feel (and are) secure. Additionally, you'll be called upon to offer feedback to our product management team on new feature requests and product improvements based on what you learn from your customer base.
- Assists the sales staff in assessing potential application of company products and services to meet customer needs
- Prepares detailed product specifications for the purpose of selling high end product and solutions that the customer needs
- Provides project scoping. Coordinates internal specialists and inter-department activities
- Customarily and regularly engaged at client facilities and delivers high impact presentations using strong technical skills
- Technical BS degree, Computer Science or Math background or equivalent desired
- At least 2-3 years’ experience as a software or Solutions pre-sales expert promoting solutions and architectures
- Knowledge and experience with building and deploying enterprise security architectures
- Knowledge or experience with cloud providers and Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) and Managed Sevices firms
- Analytical ability, problem-solving skills and decision-making skills
- Customer focused and results driven
- Experience in qualifying sales opportunities
- Good interpersonal skills - written and oral
- Background in Network and Security
- Understanding of cloud and Virtualization technologies both in computers and networks
- Understand Managed Security Service business drivers, and emerging computing trends
- Knowledge of the Cloud Networks Security and Endpoint market and the key vendor offerings
- Experience in migration methodologies to public cloud, crafting hybrid cloud solutions and cloud migrations, IOT
- Working knowledge of ITIL, with preference for working experience on IT operations management either as a customer or with key outsourcers
- Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort with both large and small audiences
- Ability to work as part of a geographically dispersed team
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English
- Willingness to travel up to 60%
- Fluent in English (German or French is a plus)
- Located in Central Europe e.g. Munich, Amsterdam, Paris, London with ability to operate from remote/ home office or at Palo Alto Networks locations
We have brought a technology to market that is reshaping the network security landscape. Our ability to protect enterprises is only limited by our ability to build positive relationships with our potential customers and help them understand how we can help. This is where our systems engineer team come in. Our systems engineering team members work hand-in-hand with the sales team to help provide technical support and educate customers on our products and solutions during the purchase making process.
You will identify complex security challenges in your potential customers’ networks and drive solutions using our market leading security products and services. We need individuals who are capable of forming relationships with clients built on trust, education, and partnership.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our dedication to inclusion and innovation, visit our Life at Palo Alto Networks page and our diversity website.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or an accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Back to top