GSI Systems Engineer, EMEA
The Presales Systems Engineer has responsibility for driving solutions for customer initiatives, developing solution designs that leverages the Palo Alto Networks offerings and Services to solve security challenges for Palo Alto Networks Managed Services Customers and GSI partners. This is a technical, customer facing role mainly working with complex clients. The candidate will be working closely with the EMEA wide theatre and sales/services teams. The SE will own the technical engagement associated to the customers including: architectural design/solution and services development, Proofs of Concepts. The ideal candidate will have experience in customer facing roles, has extensive technical skills in relevant areas, market understanding and a consultative approach to solution development. He or she should be able to propose innovative solutions to complex problems.
This position defines the overall Palo Alto Networks solution for the GSIs and makes presentations on all aspects of company products and services.
- Assists the sales staff in assessing potential application of company products and services to meet customer needs.
- Prepares detailed product specifications for the purpose of selling high end product and solutions. Conducts customer needs analysis.
- Provides project scoping. Coordinates internal specialists and inter-department activities. Assists sellers in creating demand for product.
- Requires a high degree of technical competency to respond to customer needs and to discuss product capabilities and applications with technical users/buyers.
- Customarily and regularly engaged at client facilities and delivers high impact presentations leveraging strong technical skills.
- Fluent in English (German or French is a plus)
- Location best be Central Europe e.g. Munich, Amsterdam, Paris, London
- Depending on location ability to operate from remote/ home office or at Palo Alto Networks locations.
- At this level, supports highly complex account
- Gains access and manages relationships with executive level technical staff and decision makers
- May devise new approaches/methods to selling enterprise/client products and services
- Verifies operability of complex product and service configuration within the customer’s environment
- Verifies roles and responsibilities required to support account team
- Understands market and industry data to provide thought leadership to position value of the solution
- Leverages third-party and/or Partner to create and position the solution
- Provides counsel across account team in analyzing customer requirements and performing advanced systems integration and providing technical expertise to design and implement solution using breadth of our products and services
- Senior level sales engineer with expert understanding of our product and services portfolio
- Qualifies highly complex sales opportunities in the terms of customer technical requirements, competition, decision making process and funding and services implementation and calculation
- Presents the design and value of proposed solution and business case to customers, prospects and management at a senior, sometimes executive level
- At least 2-3 years’ experience as a software or Solutions pre-sales expert promoting solutions and architectures
- Knowledge and experience with building and deploying enterprise security architectures
- Knowledge or experience with cloud providers and Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) and Managed Sevices firms
- Analytical ability, problem-solving skills and decision-making skills
- Customer focused and results driven
- Experience in qualifying sales opportunities
- Good communication skills - written and oral
- solid backgound in Network and Security
- Understanding of cloud and Virtualization technologies both in compute and Networks
- Understand Managed Security Service business drivers, and emerging computing trends
- Knowledge of the Cloud Networks Security and Endpoint market and the key vendor offerings
- Experience in migration methodologies to public cloud, designing hybrid cloud solutions and cloud migrations, IOT
- Working knowledge of ITIL, with preference for working experience on IT operations management either as a customer or with key outsourcers
- Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort with both large and small audiences
- Ability to work as part of a geographically dispersed team
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English
- Willingness to travel up to 60%
- Technical BS degree, Computer Science or Math background or equivalent highly desired
- MBA optional
Meet Some of Palo Alto Networks's Employees
Jacqueline T.Senior Technical Support Engineer, Team Lead, Endpoint Security
Jaqueline and her team assist customers who call in with technical questions or issues in order to ensure excellent user experiences and complete platform security.
Back to top