GSI Systems Engineer, EMEA
GSI Systems Engineer, EMEA
As the Palo Alto Networks GSI (Global Systems Integrators) Systems Engineer and Technical Lead, you will be responsible for helping to drive go to market (GTM) development with Palo Alto Networks’ most strategic and impactful GSI partners. This role will encompass a wide range of activities including, building technical relationships with key partner counterparts, presenting the Palo Alto Networks Next Generation security platform & technology solutions, delivering ad-hoc training, best practices and demonstrations of PANW products and assisting with technical activities related to joint Palo Alto Networks and GSI customer projects. You will also be expected to coordinate within the Channel SE organisation to resource specific in country partner meetings or activities, where local resources are required.
As an extended member of the Sales and Channels team, the GSI SE will align with the PANW Sales teams and Channel Account Managers in the region to create, update and deliver the partner technical enablement strategy. Reporting to the Channel SE Manager, the GSI SE will be part of the wider Palo Alto Networks SE community, providing support and access to deep technical training and enablement programs, plus the opportunity to build internal relationships with key stakeholders.
The perfect candidate will have prior experience of working across security domains, including network infrastructure, end point and cloud, within a large, strategic partner community.
- BS CS or equivalent and 8+ years of experience as an SE, Channel SE or solutions architecture
- Demonstrable experience with technical security concepts: firewalling, sandboxing, IPS/IDS, AV, Identity & Access Management etc.
- Experience that emphasizes L2-L7 Networking, North/South, East West traffic flows (switching, routers etc), data center
- Experience selling, demonstrating, installing and troubleshooting network infrastructure security products
- Self-motivated, able to work alone and maintain focus but also work as part of a team
- Strong communication (written and verbal) and presentation skills, both internally and externally
- Strong problem-solving skills, ability to analyse complex multivariate problems and use a systematic approach to gain quick resolution, often under time demands
- Ability to understand business outcomes and lead technical discussions
- Superb organizational skills,
- Pride in one’s own appearance, integrity and reputation
- "Whatever it takes" attitude and motivation
- Ability to travel extensively through the Europe and MEA region, occasional international travel, primarily to the USA.
- Experience of service based offering development, potentially as part of a large Systems Integrator, Managed Service partner or Consulting firm
- Experience working with Channel partners and understanding of a channel centric go to market approach.
- Experience from companies in the enterprise networking security industry
Meet Some of Palo Alto Networks's Employees
VP, Supply Chain Operations
Vonnie oversees the end-to-end supply chain for the manufacture and delivery of Palo Alto Networks’ hardware, ensuring that customers receive outstanding products in a timely manner.
Back to top