Global Practice Lead - Security Operations Center (SOC)
Palo Alto Networks® is the fastest-growing security company in history. We offer the chance to be part of an important mission: ending breaches and protecting our way of digital life. If you are a motivated, intelligent, creative, and hardworking individual, then this job is for you!
The Global Practice Leader – Security Operations Center will be responsible for creating and driving the Global practice, implementing a worldwide community of Professional Services consulting staff with skills and interest in the target Domain, and aligning this community with the field Sales, Sales Engineering teams, Services Sales teams, Marketing and relevant engineering functions.
The Global Practice Leader will report directly to the Vice President of Professional Services and will work collaboratively with the Theater Leaders and the extended worldwide Professional Services leadership team.
- Build and grow the practice in collaboration with other Global Practice Leaders to translate the Professional Services (PS) vision and ongoing daily operations into globally consistent and measurable objectives, metrics and dashboards.
- Work with Global Practice and Theater Leaders to create the practice with local resources as a highly visible team leading and driving a common agenda, cadence and information flow to foster collaboration and generation, capture and re-use of intellectual property
- Lead the process to define and implement New Services offerings, Best Practices and Delivery Templates across the Practice. This includes leveraging existing capabilities and developing new capabilities in conjunction with the Professional Services Center of Excellence team
- Participate and contribute domain expertise, including customer use cases as part of standard PS Readiness workshops for emerging technologies that are part of the domain practice
- Recognize opportunities to streamline training to new hires, the field and PS Partners through the development of training
- Work with the PS Partner Manager, Sales and PS Theater Leaders to deliver and enable service delivery partners
- Engage with senior sales leadership to determine and align Practice activities and sales engagement to prioritized sales programs and promotions, ensuring alignment is driven through all theaters
- Partner with Services Marketing to identify gaps and opportunities in the Palo Alto Networks Professional Service portfolio. Partner with the Palo Alto Networks Services Development Team in the development and implementation of new services to meet customer and market demands and to provide new revenue opportunities
- Facilitate distribution and use of pre-scoped Service packages for Select PS Partners including Datasheets, Delivery Templates, and other collateral as needed
- Working with the appropriate Engineering teams to integrate PS into the New Product Introduction processes in both product scoping and field readiness phases
- Gather and communicate feedback on products from the field and communicate to the engineering teams to facilitate field level feedback
- Utilize appropriate data acquired from the PS Automation tool - Clarizen and other systems to identify work processes and work breakdown structures which can be automated to drive maximum efficiency and program profitability
- Identify current tool set gaps and drive any new tool identification and implementation plans
- Develop and coach appropriate practice team members
- Typically requires 15+ years of related experience
- In-depth experience with private and public Cloud technologies such as Amazon Web Services & Microsoft Azure are required
- Large-scale virtualization solutions architecture and delivery with Enterprise and/or Service Provider customers where virtualization environments such as Open Stack/Contrail, VMware NSX and KVM were used
- Extensive experience in Professional Services consulting delivery, including conflict management and hands on delivery experience of technical projects
- Demonstrate an excellent understanding of the industry, the customer's business issues, and the most appropriate solution architecture to meet their business goals
- Proven skills to contribute to development of company objectives and principles and to achieve goals in creative and effective ways
- Has proven experience in creating a collaborative and teaming environment within teams with a specific focus on best practice development and harvesting of intellectual capital for re-use
- Strong influencing skills and the ability to present at industry events regarding Security Technologies and Services; ability to compare our products and solutions with other industry options
- History of building trusting relationships with Engineering teams, Sales, Marketing, and service delivery Partners
Meet Some of Palo Alto Networks's Employees
VP, Supply Chain Operations
Vonnie oversees the end-to-end supply chain for the manufacture and delivery of Palo Alto Networks’ hardware, ensuring that customers receive outstanding products in a timely manner.
Back to top