GCS NPI Readiness Manager
Palo Alto Networks® is the fastest-growing security company in history. We offer the chance to be part of an important mission: ending breaches and protecting our way of digital life. If you are a motivated, intelligent, creative, and hardworking individual, then this job is for you!
The GCS NPI Readiness Manager will represent the Support and Service organization in all aspects of new product introduction, from product concept definition through the End of Life phase, to ensure that Reliability, Availability, and Serviceability (RAS) is designed into the product and prepare the Global Customer Services organization with the technical knowledge to support the products and provide services at GA.
- Explores options and develops innovative support and services plans that key on product strengths and make effective use of Palo Alto Networks resources.
- Provide technical direction and guidance to all Customer Service functions in preparation of support and service capabilities.
- Represent Global Customer Services in multiple new product core teams
- Provide input to Global Customer Services management regarding staffing and capital equipment requirements to support new products
- Review and provide input to marketing and product requirement definitions to ensure that RAS features are included
- Review Global Customer Services operational reports to ensure that product and/or customer feedback and RAS requirements and/or impacts are clearly understood by Development and Product Marketing organizations
- Ensure Global Customer Services department readiness for all new products and features by coordinating training for all TAC Engineers, Professional Services Engineers, etc. worldwide and also by managing the development of appropriate Global Customer Services readiness documents and video content
- Coordinate the development of product support plans and the documentation review process
- Develop relationship and process to support 3rd party products, product requiring a 3rd party partner involvement, or product requiring an outsource support plan.
- Represent customer support in various support programs as required by the organization, such as Beta trial programs
- Engage and develop End of Support plans
- Design and update support readiness information on Global Customer Services internal websites
- Bachelor's degree in a Computer Science or IT.
- 10+ years’ experience or equivalent in communications technology, preferably field engineering or technical support
- 4 years’ experience in new products, related engineering, or program management role.
- Working knowledge of software/hardware interaction is required.
- Certifications/Accreditations: PMP preferred
- Travel Requirements: Up to 25%
Technical skills & Knowledge: Experience supporting the following technologies: Cybersecurity, Switches, Routers, TCP/IP, IP addressing, Linux, Windows, and Open Systems Protocols. Experience with SaaS models and Agile Software Development methods is a plus.
Other Abilities required:
Analysis, Customer Service Orientation, Services Financial and Business Acumen, Mining Data from Systems for Use in Business Analysis/Program Justification, Entrepreneurial Insight, Functional Job Knowledge, Initiative, Judgment/Decisiveness, Negotiation, Oral Presentation, Organizational Agility, Planning & Organizing, Excellent Written, Verbal, and Listening Skills
Back to top