Financial Services Systems Engineering Manager, Global Accounts
- New York, NY
At Palo Alto Networks®, everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish — but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
The Palo Alto Networks Financial Services Systems Engineering Manager (SEM), Global Accounts is a technical field management position. You will serve as a technical and management resource responsible for the success of a district’s Systems Engineering (SE) team. The SEM is expected to “lead from the front” and will have leadership responsibility for the SEs within the district.
The SEs within a district report directly to the SEM and the SEM reports directly to the Systems Engineering Director for Global Accounts. The SEM is expected to partner with the District Sales Manager (DSM) to develop and drive success within their district with the DSM holding 51% of the responsibility and accountability.
● Lead from the front – hands-on approach to ensuring the success of the SEs and accounts within the district
● Recruit exceptional SEs
● Train and mentor new SEs quickly enabling them to win and expand Palo Alto Network’s business
● Develop and own a plan which drives focus, accountability, efficiency, and success within the district
● Report and make visible the success and deficiencies of your district
● Share successes
● Develop plans to improve deficiencies
● Ensure that you and your SE team plan and architect compelling technical solutions which drive solution adoption and growth after the initial sale (land and expand)
● Understand and articulate the key technical, operational, commercial, and business challenges faced by our prospects and customers that the Palo Alto Networks portfolio addresses
● Build and maintain relationships with customers in the territory to solidify reference accounts and to assist the account teams with defining plans to drive more business
● Develop and maintain strong technical relationships with Palo Alto Network’s partners – identify key individuals at the partners within your region and ensure their success
● Ensure that Partner SEs are trained, can architect Palo Alto Networks’ solutions, and can support Palo Alto Networks’ evaluations
● Act as a thought leader for the district staying up to date on the security landscape, competition, products, and industry
● Escalation point for pre and post-sales technical issues within the territory
● Lead and support SEs in complex evaluations, troubleshooting and challenging customer environments
● Manage successful evaluations and timely return of equipment
● Manage HR activities for SEs (expenses, reviews, etc.)
● Share and define best practices within the Americas Systems Engineering team including:
○ Success stories
○ Successful technical selling approaches
○ Partner success stories and approach
○ Proposal architectures
○ POC processes
○ Hiring process
○ Training process
○ Salesforce.com reporting and tracking
● Own plans and projects to drive greater efficiencies and success within the region
● BS, CS/EE, or related (or equivalent work experience)
● 7+ years of experience as a pre-sales Systems Engineer
● 5+ years of experience selling to and supporting large global accounts
● Prior management experience desirable
● Industry knowledge of financial services, security, and network product market trends
● Understanding of Palo Alto Network’s portfolio and market positioning
● In-depth knowledge of competitive security products and networking trends
● Detailed understanding of competitive selling strategies
● Strong communication (written and verbal) and presentation skills
● Salesforce.com experience desirable
● "Whatever it takes" attitude and motivation to do whatever necessary to assist in closing a deal
As part of our Systems Engineering team, you’ll support the Sales team with technical expertise and guidance when establishing trust with key clients. You won’t find someone at Palo Alto Networks who isn’t committed to your success – everyone pitches in to assist when it comes to solutions selling, learning, and development. As a member of our Systems Engineering team, you are motivated by a solutions-focused sales environment and find fulfillment in working with clients to resolve incredible complex cyberthreats.
We’re trailblazers who dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: We can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at email@example.com.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Back to top