Federal Government Security Marketing Architect
Palo Alto Networks® is the fastest-growing security company in history. We offer the chance to be part of an important mission: ending breaches and protecting our way of digital life. If you are a motivated, intelligent, creative, and hardworking individual, then this job is for you!
We are looking for a seasoned professional to jumpstart our security architecture focus within the Industry Initiatives team at Palo Alto Networks, taking our message and programs to the next level! The candidate will work closely with customers and prospects in Fed Gov to demonstrate how Palo Alto Networks platform approach can enable the federal or national level of government security requirements. Ideal candidates for this role have been or are a security architect, or possess similar expertise in federal government, and are looking for an opportunity to share their expertise to develop a Go-To-Market strategy within Palo Alto Networks and with peers in Federal Government.
- Develop, maintain, and expand repeatable message and technical architectures for the Federal Government market to illuminate the value of our platform.
- Develop Federal messaging and content appropriate from the C-level (non-tech and tech roles) down to business & technical buyers.
- Develop thought leadership and credibility to improve sales conversion. Drive message and content asset roadmap, based on ongoing field feedback, to assist sales, cross-functional marketing, alliance partners and contract efforts, to include:
- Federal-specific customer use cases for the appropriate market (cloud, endpoint, network) and appropriate title (SecOps, Network Ops, DevOps, CISO, etc.)
- Industry reference blueprints
- Industry-specific technology webinars
- Industry-specific roundtables and similar customer/prospect engagements
- Sales/SE training including sales guides, playbooks, and office hours
- Presentations for key industry events
- Content/blogs/articles enabled through web presences, social media, FUEL, PR, and Corp. Communications
- Provide ongoing global sales support and customer/prospect engagement - as credible expert with real-world industry experience - to include:
- Real-time sales requests with deep Federal Government industrysecurity knowledge, RFI/RFP templates, and onsite meetings with certain criteria.
- Maintain and expand company and Federal sales team insights into security recommendations and requirements for the industry
- Leverage Cyber Ranges, workshops, trainings and other 1-to-many engagement activities to cement messaging with practical hands-on opportunities.
- Validate your existing and gather additional insights into top addressable market opportunities and inform/validate our GTM strategy and message to capitalize on them.
- Help drive key industry requirements into Product Management, where applicable.
- Hands-on technology experience that will be fully leveraged to help develop and deliver on a strong, Go-to-Market strategy for our company.
- Strong working knowledge of a range of networking, compute and security technologies and their applications
- Experience making compelling security risk and TCO presentations to Government equivalent of Board and C-suite to articulate the value of security investments.
- Ability to create credible reference use cases with architectural diagrams, and translate technical value propositions into Fed-specific marketing assets with clear delineation of business, operational, and mission-specific value.
- Sales- and customer-focused to drive Palo Alto Networks platform into the Federal government market
- Ability to create continuum of C-suite and Board to technical value propositions based on real-world experience
- Proven delivery of coherent, impactful written product.
- Ability to travel regularly to support customers and prospects
- Independent thinker with a very team-oriented approach
- Strong relationship management and team skills
- Ability to understand the market, gather market intelligence as needed, spot trends, and anticipate the market
- Experience working with global teams on multiple projects and programs
- Strong ability to multitask with proven track record of execution on initiatives/programs
- Writing samples and references for communication and other skills
- 5-7 years’ experience as a security solutions expert or network security architect (or comparable experience) in the Federal market.
- 10-15 years’ total experience in security operations, network security architect or comparable roles.
This is a full-time position.
Back to top