EMEA Deal Desk Manager
- Amsterdam, Netherlands
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
The strategic deal center is a new function within Palo Alto Networks. In close partnership with the regional sales teams within EMEA, its core purpose is to increase, develop, manage large deals ($5M+ in stand-alone or ongoing revenue and/or deemed strategic by senior executives management). Typically these deals would be with Fortune 500 or part of G2000 accounts or in-country companies and institutions.
- Acts as a focal point of contact for all strategic deals ($5M+)
- Manages day to day operations for the Strategic Deal centre in EMEA
- Engages with leadership on all cross-functional team to ensure operational performance and activities are aligned to the strategic priorities of the business
- Work with deal support team (legal, finance) to address complex pricing / commercial terms and provide deal structuring options so as to enable sales addressing customer objections
- Facilitates deal approval and contract documentation generation processes by adhering to respective corporate processes
- Monitors and ensures customer timelines are met.
- Review and define long term talent strategy for the strategic deal desk team and business
- Proven leadership skills to continually streamline and improve practices, including tools, templates, and processes
- Meets with strategic customers per the direction of sales, the pursuit director and other key business stakeholders to ensure contract requirements are thoroughly explained
- 8+ years of relevant experience in a similar role within Deal Desk or Sales Operations at a regional (EMEA) level
- Experience in a fast-growth organization ideally one with an enterprise technology focus (prior experiences in SaaS, Cloud, and Cybersecurity are a plus)
- Hands-on experience with Public/Private RFQ’s and familiar with different pricing methodologies
- Bachelor degree in business, finance, economics, statistics, and any related discipline
- Advanced data analysis & management techniques. You are able to analyze and interpret data from different sources in an impactful way
- Strong understanding of sales process &, methodologies
- Trusted advisor - As a subject matter expert you will use your gravitas to interact with key internal and external stakeholders and influence decision making
- Foster and maintain strong working relationships with critical business partners in order to expedite the deal review and approval process
- Deal Desk leadership - You have proven leadership skills to continually streamline and improve practises, including tools, templates, and processes
- Team player: you will be interacting with many individuals from different organizations and backgrounds who will be relying on you and vice-versa. You communicate with them clearly, effectively and in a collaborative way reflecting our corporate values at all times
- Track record in delivering results: You get things done by demonstrating excellent prioritization, project management skills and must win attitude – you can coordinate multiple initiatives simultaneously in a high-paced business environment
- Proficient use of G suite and Salesforce.com platform
- You can communicate fluently in the English language. Any additional language will be considered as a plus
Our sales operation team members support our sales account managers and systems engineers to assist in large organizations' migrations to more cybersecurity. Sales operations work behind the scenes to make sure that our sales relationships run smoothly, enabling and empowering the teams across the world.
You support the sales team by providing research, reports, and craft and support systems and processes that enable the process of sales. It’s a true partnership, one built on building the best cybersecurity solutions for each individual client.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Back to top