Editor in Chief
Palo Alto Networks® is the fastest-growing security company in history. We offer the chance to be part of an important mission: ending breaches and protecting our way of digital life. If you are a motivated, intelligent, creative, and hardworking individual, then this job is for you!
The SecurityRoundtable.org team is dedicated to cultivating an understanding of cybersecurity among non-security and non-technical senior executives who are tasked with setting the tone for cybersecurity policies within their organizations and CISO teams. By creating and distributing insightful and actionable business-relevant information, SecurityRoundtable.org helps them set the tone and culture for cybersecurity in their organization.
The editor manages the overall strategy of SecurityRoundtable.org as an online executive cybersecurity magazine. Responsible for the site’s day-to-day operations, the editor communicates the editorial and business goals of the organization to the writers and editors, helps plan editorial pipeline, and coordinates with the marketing team to help assign writers, post and track article efficiency.
Working cross-functionally with the business, marketing and other supporting departments, the editor defines the direction of the content, leads article ideation, and communicates how it aligns with the business.
The editor also determines and manages processes, budgets and staff to keep all the moving parts going, and has the responsibility of generating new ideas to stay relevant as well as implementing ways to increase readership. Additionally, the editor is the face of the publication and press for important in-person functions. Therefore, some travel will be required.
- Grow the readership and subscriber community through quality content.
- Liaise with internal and external executives as well as subject matter experts to deliver articles and creative approaches for maximum readership.
- Guide journalists and ghost writers on article topics, depth and tone to ensure the best, most relevant information for the community.
- Collaborate with relevant industry partners and associations on promotional articles and/or collaborative engagement models.
- Work closely with internal marketing teams to include PR, field, product, brand and campaigns to combine efforts where effective and ensure alignment on messaging.
- Join forces with the global marketing teams to lead promotional activities for growth.
- Identify creative opportunities to grow readership and achieve online magazine and subscription goals.
- Generate ideas for articles that align with real-world events, readership growth and business value.
- Collaborate with writers and internal stakeholders to discuss and plan the calendar.
- Commission and pitch features and stories from in-house writers or freelancers.
- Supervise staff, including freelance writers, and set deadlines.
- Stay up to date in the industry by reading and researching features and articles in the cybersecurity, risk management and business risk industries.
- Attend relevant events, fairs and conferences as the editor of SecurityRoundtable.org and/or press.
- Ensure that all feature articles comply with ethical codes of company practice and legal guidelines.
- 10+ years of proven experience as editor-in-chief, managing editor or in a relevant role
- Abilities in planning and coordinating people and operations
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Working knowledge of SEO concepts and online platforms like WordPress
- Outstanding communication and people abilities
- Flexibility, reliability and efficiency is required
- S./B.A. in journalism or a relevant field
- Proficiency in English
- Publisher relationships are a plus
- Knowledge in the cybersecurity industry is a bonus
Meet Some of Palo Alto Networks's Employees
VP, Supply Chain Operations
Vonnie oversees the end-to-end supply chain for the manufacture and delivery of Palo Alto Networks’ hardware, ensuring that customers receive outstanding products in a timely manner.
Back to top