District Sales Manager NEW Africa
Palo Alto Networks® is the fastest-growing security company in history. We offer the chance to be part of an important mission: ending breaches and protecting our way of digital life. If you are a motivated, intelligent, creative, and hardworking individual, then this job is for you!
The District Sales Manager, will be sales orientated Manager who will ideally have a background in the broad networking and/or security arena. The successful candidate will have experience of managing and growing sales teams with a strong focus on people and sales management fundamentals. They will have sufficient market insight and revenue track record with the desired customer base to hit the ground running. They will also have taken a business through consistent 40%+ growth.
This individual will be expected to focus on a number of primary responsibilities, including:
Customer Retention and Loyalty
- The successful candidate will need to take ownership of the sales team which will require them to leverage and continue Palo Alto Network’s significant customer momentum through indirect, high touch, relationship- oriented technology sales.
- Engage with clients and build relationships
- Establish and develop broad, high value key client executive relationships.
- The candidate will lead the sales team to develop, implement and execute a sound strategic plan designed to achieve the growth and profitability goals established by the VP of Emerging Markets.
- Rapidly gain acceptance within Palo Alto Networks major customers and partners as a strong, professional manager who can provide clear leadership for the business.
- Inspire company performance, instill the mission and goals, and set the stage for the acquisition, retention and management of superior talent throughout the organization.
- Must demonstrate sound sales management fundamentals particularly around forecasting and pipeline growth.
- Develop and deliver annual financial and operational plan
- Be budget-conscious and metric/measurement driven.
- Take direct and hands-on responsibility for the delivery of revenue.
- Ensure corporate infrastructure is in place to support growth and local/global initiatives.
- Oversee the development and implementation of marketing and sales programs to facilitate accelerated growth and profitability.
- Maintain appropriate reporting systems to participate in meetings and business reviews.
- Help define and implement management practices that are dynamic and attractive to best in class employees. Ensure on-boarding, training and professional development plans are in place to drive high employee achievement and loyalty.
- Drive employee satisfaction by leveraging key talent development tools
- Develop a plan to manage employee turnover.
This person must have significant experience building and managing sales teams in excess of 5 people. The candidate must have a demonstrable track record of highly successful management of sales teams in North, East & West Africa.
This should include a strong track record of hiring, retaining and motivating highly talented people
The ideal candidate will have experience leading a quarterly focused technology company through a period of successful and rapid growth.
The successful candidate will have strong interpersonal, presentation, organizational and planning skills. He/she must be highly motivated, goal-oriented, and pragmatic, with the urge to outperform.
The successful candidate will have contacts and experience dealing with the largest companies NEW Africa
The ideal candidate will have the following personal attributes:
- Seasoned manager with maturity and well developed people management skills, combined with significant passion, drive, energy levels and ambition;
- Highly commercial in orientation, with a strong focus on the customer and a clear commitment to generating top- line growth
- Self-starter, with a very high work rate and able to “get things done” without constant recourse to the Regional VP.
- Metrics and results driven.
- Demonstrable track record of being able to cope well under pressure; and be able to provide sound judgment and leadership in tough conditions.
- Excellent communication skills in Arabic and English languages.
- Leading by example, this individual, when necessary, will not hesitate getting into the details of the business
- Positive and out-going, with the personal presence and ability to relate well to customers, partners and colleagues at all levels of the organization.
- Highly ambitious (but pragmatically and realistically so) both on a personal and business level.
- Possess the skills and personality to operate effectively in a very fast-paced complex business
- Impeccable character and high ethical standards.
- Absolute integrity, honesty, intensity and passion.
Meet Some of Palo Alto Networks's Employees
VP, Supply Chain Operations
Vonnie oversees the end-to-end supply chain for the manufacture and delivery of Palo Alto Networks’ hardware, ensuring that customers receive outstanding products in a timely manner.
Back to top