District Sales Manager- Named Accounts South Texas
Palo Alto Networks® is the fastest-growing security company in history. We offer the chance to be part of an important mission: ending breaches and protecting our way of digital life. If you are a motivated, intelligent, creative, and hardworking individual, then this job is for you!
As a member of the Palo Alto Networks sales leadership team you will report to the Regional Vice President of Sales for the Named Accounts- Central. You will be responsible for building and driving the District sales teams to exceed company objectives and growth within the South Texas District according to plan. You will be responsible for managing the sales team on a day-to-day basis including- pipeline review, Demand Gen review, Channel Review, and overall performance management of the sales team.
In addition, you will hire and expand the region to scale with the company growth and objectives. Palo Alto Networks has chosen to go-to-market with Security Focused Channel partners; you will be responsible for identifying and signing appropriate channel partners and ensuring they are scheduled for training and become proficient in soliciting the Palo Alto Networks Security Operating Platform. In addition, you will be responsible to participate in quarterly review sessions with the key partners in the region. It is also expected that you will have a direct involvement and influence in all opportunities that exceed 6 figures, focusing sales efforts on large key accounts with the sales team.
Extensive domestic travel is required. Ideal candidates will have prior experience selling and managing sales teams selling a security platform including but not limited to: Next Generation Firewalls, Virtualized Next Generation Firewalls, Network Security Management, Advanced Endpoint Protection, SaaS Security, and Subscription-Based Security solutions. The qualified candidate must possess a deep understanding of how to build a region in a fast-growing dynamic environment, leveraging the channel community and creating a culture within the region that supports the objectives of the Company.
- Highly driven.
- Strong communication (written and verbal) and presentation skills, both internally and externally.
- Enterprise sales experience with and actionable rolodex of decision makers.
- Superb organizational skills.
- "Whatever it takes" attitude and motivation to deliver above quota performance.
- Prior startup experience, experience being one of the first RSMs and or Sales Managers in an organization.
- Experience working with Channel partners and understanding of a channel centric go to market approach.
- Detailed Account Planning.
- Accurate Forecasting.
- BS technical degree or equivalent.
- 10+ years of above quota sales experience, and 5 years of Sales Management experience, preferably within the South-Texas region.
Back to top