Distinguished Software Engineer (Prisma Access)
- Santa Clara, CA
At Palo Alto Networks everything starts and ends with our mission: Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we are looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
Prisma Access™ (formally GlobalProtect Cloud Service) provides protection straight from the cloud to make access to the cloud secure. It combines the connectivity and security you need - and delivers it everywhere you need it. Using cutting-edge public and private cloud technologies extending the next-generation security protection to all cloud services, customers on-premise remote networks and mobile users.
We are seeking an experienced Software Engineer to design, develop and deliver next-generation technologies within our Prisma Access team. We want passionate engineers who love to code and build great products. Engineers who bring new ideas in all facets of software development. We are looking for leaders who take ownership of their areas of focus and who are driven to solve problems at every level. Collaboration and teamwork are at the foundation of our culture and we need engineers who can communicate at a high level and work well with others towards achieving a common goal.
- Design, develop and implement highly scalable software features on our next-generation security platform as part of our Prisma Access
- Work with different development and quality assurances groups to achieve the best quality
- Suggest and implement improvements to the development process
- Work with DevOps and the Technical Support teams to troubleshoot customer issues
- Work with other software development team to apply PanOS features on Prisma Access
- Interview, mentor and coach new team members
- Advanced-level software development experience
- Strong leadership skills with a can-do attitude
- High energy and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Enjoys working with many different teams with strong collaboration and communications skills
- Fast learner and eager to absorb new emerging technologies
Experience or knowledge in the following are nice to have:
- One or more cloud platforms, such as AWS, Azure, GCE, Kubernetes
- Virtualization, such as ESXi, KVM, Hyper-V
- Networking and Routing
- Firewall, IPSec, SSL, VPN
- SDN (Software Defined Network)
- SQL or NoSQL database
- M.S./B.S. degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering
Our engineering team is at the core of our products – connected directly to the mission of preventing cyberattacks. We are constantly innovating – challenging the way we, and the industry, think about cybersecurity. Our engineers don’t shy away from building products to solve problems no one has pursued before.
We define the industry, instead of waiting for directions. We need individuals who feel comfortable in ambiguity, excited by the prospect of a challenge, and empowered by the unknown risks facing our everyday lives that are only enabled by a secure digital environment.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Back to top