Distinguished Engineer - Infrastructure
- Santa Clara, CA
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
As a Distinguished Engineer at Palo Alto Networks, you will supervise in the design and development of our next-generation firewall platforms. As a Distinguished Engineer, the evolution of PAN-OS to the next level is at your hands.
● The design of system IPC mechanisms
● Internal process management
● high availability and fault tolerance
● kernel management
● 3rd party software build and integration
● Overall definition and development of system software to provide a consistent environment for feature development
● BS/MS degree in Computer Science/Electrical Engineering or equivalent
● Expert level C coding/debugging skills
● Experience with building large-scale, multi-threaded software systems
● Experience with the development of software libraries
● Experience with build systems and tools such as gmake, Autoconf, rpm, and cross compile environments
● Experience with debugging Linux kernel performance and memory issues
● Experience with high availability mechanisms is a plus
● Ability to lead large initiatives from the technical side
● Familiarity with x86 and MIPS architecture are pluses
● Innovative, risk taking attitude is a must
● Familiarity to various technologies like DPDK, GoLang and Containers are pluses
● Minimum 7 years of related programming experience required
Our engineering team is at the core of our products and connected directly to the mission of preventing cyberattacks. We are constantly innovating — challenging the way we, and the industry, think about cybersecurity. Our engineers don’t shy away from building products to solve problems no one has pursued before.
We define the industry instead of waiting for directions. We need individuals who feel comfortable in ambiguity, excited by the prospect of a challenge, and empowered by the unknown risks facing our everyday lives that are only enabled by a secure digital environment.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Back to top