Director, Sales - Global Accounts
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
You will have leadership responsibility for the sales activities and operations across the largest customers and target accounts in the UK. The objective of this role is to accelerate sales with this new team focused on developing relationships and delivering revenue. You will use your skills and experience to assist the sales team members in successfully penetrating the largest and highest potential accounts for Palo Alto Networks in the region. Your knowledge and relation ship into these accounts will be critical to the success. Building a world-class team will be a key factor to retain, develop and acquire these accounts. You will also be accountable for strategic account planning, customer success, partner teaming, accurate forecasting as well as day to day management of the team.
- Recruit and hire, train and mentor new sales team members
- Strive to deliver above target performance across the assigned account base and exceed key performance indicator metrics
- HR responsibility for the Sales team in the territory (expenses, reviews, etc.)
- Support field sales team in complex sales situations, build strategic account plans and apply a successful multi-level sales strategy
- Assist channel team members in ensuring that partner sales staff are aligned in Palo Alto Networks drive towards strategic account planning
- Foster channel partner relations with the Global accounts teams
- Act as a floating Sales Manager and fill in for existing team members in case of a resource conflict or vacation coverage
- Provide an escalation point for issues that arise in the region
- Build and maintain relationships with Key Accounts in the region to solidify reference accounts
- 5+ years demonstrated success as a Sales Manager or Director in a similarly high growth environment
- 8+ years of experience as a Sales Account Manager or similar
- Management experience with 6 + direct reports essential
- Industry knowledge of security and network product market trends and directional awareness of Palo Alto Networks
- Knowledge of how to deliver comprehensive security solutions to PANW's customer base and maintain a general understanding of compelling sales strategies
- Strong communication (written and verbal) and presentation skills
- Motivated with a "whatever it takes" attitude
Our sales team members work hand-in-hand with large organizations around the world to keep their digital environments protected. We educate, inspire, and empower our potential clients in their journey to security.
As part of our sales team, you are empowered with unmatched systems and tools, constantly updated research and sales libraries, and a team built on joint success. You won’t find someone at Palo Alto Networks that isn’t committed to your success – with everyone pitching in to assist when it comes to solutions selling, learning, and development. As a member of our sales team, you are motivated by a solutions-focused sales environment and find fulfillment in working with clients to resolve incredibly complex cyberthreats.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at email@example.com.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Back to top