Director, Sales Finance
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission: protecting our way of life in the digital age by preventing successful cyberattacks. It’s not a small goal. It isn’t simple either, but we aren’t in this for the easy answer. As a company with a foundation in challenging the way things are done, we’re looking for innovators with a dedication to best. In return, your career will have a tangible impact – one that's working toward technology that affects every level of society.
Our mission doesn’t happen by treading softly – no, it happens by defining an industry. It means building products that haven't been thought of. It means selling products with a solutions mindset. It means supporting the infrastructure of a company that moves at an incredible speed – intentionally – to stay ahead of the world’s next cyberthreat.
Palo Alto Networks is looking for an experienced finance professional to join the team as a Finance Director. The ideal candidate is a self-starter, strategic thinker, great communicator, and enjoys collaborating with people with a diverse set of talents in a dynamic fast-paced environment.
This role will report to the VP of Go-to-Market Finance and is responsible for driving key Sales Finance deliverables and proving strategic insights to drive the business forward; responsibilities will include supporting the monthly & quarterly close processes, preparing executive reporting packages, and driving the annual planning process.
- Develop deep understanding of the go-to-market organization and partner with sales leaders to align business and financial goals
- Proactively manage the planning and forecasting processes across the organization
- Deliver monthly/quarterly quantitative and qualitative analysis of the financial results including variances to plan, ensuring key issues, risks, and business drivers are understood and highlighted
- Provide insightful and actionable recommendations for decision making through data analysis
- Meet deliverables and requests from business partners, corporate FP&A, accounting, and other cross-functional teams
- Fulfill ad-hoc and regular requests to drive high corporate performance and to assist with executive decision making
- BA/BS in Business Administration, Finance, Economics, or equivalent; MBA preferred
- 10+ years of FP&A related experience with record of strong achievement, including 2-3 years leading and managing teams
- Strong communication and influencing skills, ability to lead large scale initiatives and projects with executive management
- Ability to meet timelines, prioritize business needs, and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Team player with excellent communication skills with all levels of organization
- Advanced Excel skills and experience with CRM, planning, and ERP systems such as Salesforce, SAP, BPC, and Tableau
- Willingness and ability to adapt to the rapid business and organizational changes that accompany a high-growth environment
- Self-motivated, energetic, and positive attitude
You have a passion for numbers, our organization has a passion for cybersecurity. You’re looking for a career with a more fulfilling mission. We have open positions to top talent seeking a financial challenge. Our finance department deals with number daily, supporting infrastructure, dealing in automation, building elegant models and solutions to empower our business lines and solutions. The ideal candidate has exceptional skills in financial modeling and analytics and an innovative mindset to approach finance problems differently. Our innovation doesn’t stay in Research and Development. Within finance, we seek people who are looking to try new things, while solving business critical equations. If you’re seeking a financial challenge but with a world-wide impact – this is it.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our dedication to inclusion and innovation, visit our Life at Palo Alto Networks page and our diversity website.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace and provide equal consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals. If you require assistance or an accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Back to top