Director of Technical Escalations (Firewall as a Platform)
- Santa Clara, CA
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
As the Director of Technical Escalations for the Firewall as a Platform team you will be the strategic R&D leader to partner with the Global Customer Support organization’s TAC team for visibility and coordination for all customer engineering escalations. You' ll be responsible for managing projects, escalations, analyzing processes & tools issues and looking for opportunities to optimize operations.
- Ownership for driving progress and resolution of customer's critical issues
- Interface between the Product teams (BU) and the TAC/Customers teams
- Engage and lead cross-functional teams in the development and execution of action plans to address critical situations
- Effectively communicate critical issue status (both verbally and written) to executive staff, sales teams, and other invested parties
- Creative thinking, adaptability, and versatility
- Demonstrate strong judgment at risk management and problem mitigation, as well as making timely decisions from both business and technical perspectives
- Strong ability to influence and effective at assigning tasks and responsibilities to successfully achieve all key objectives of the critical account
- Identify systemic and pervasive issues related to products and/or processes and drive actions to prevent future problems
- BA/BS in computer science or equivalent (MBA a plus)
- 10+ years of engineering escalation, customer-facing roles and/or services delivery management roles
- Need good background in Networking, Security and Cloud Services
- Ability to confidently engage with Palo and customer executives
- Ability to multiplex accounts and actions within accounts
- Engage and lead cross-functional and geographically dispersed teams to address critical situations
- Effectively communicate (verbal and written) critical issue status to executive staff, sales teams, and other invested parties
- Program/project management of critical issues in a cross-functional environment that includes working with sales, customer, and partners to resolve complex and critical issues
- Strong capacity for Influencing, negotiating and delegating efforts
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, challenging environment with global customers
- Ability to multitask and prioritize with a goal of driving issues to closure on behalf of the customer
- A “whatever it takes” customer-first attitude and a willingness to focus and commit to foster customer success
- Demonstrated ability to lead and motivate others
- Experience in Technical Account Management, Engineering Management, Customer Support Management, or similar roles desired
Our engineering team is at the core of our products and connected directly to the mission of preventing cyberattacks. We are constantly innovating — challenging the way we, and the industry, think about cybersecurity. Our engineers don’t shy away from building products to solve problems no one has pursued before.
We define the industry instead of waiting for directions. We need individuals who feel comfortable in ambiguity, excited by the prospect of a challenge, and empowered by the unknown risks facing our everyday lives that are only enabled by a secure digital environment.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge the status quo of cybersecurity. We can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our dedication to inclusion and innovation, please visit our Life at Palo Alto Networks page and our diversity website.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or an accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Back to top