Director of Engineering Enablement
Palo Alto Networks® is the fastest-growing security company in history. We foster a culture of innovation, authenticity, and collaboration. This focus helps to advance our mission of protecting our way of life in the digital age. Our people make this possible. It’s in our everyday interactions, how we work together and treat each other, that sets Palo Alto Networks apart from other organizations. If you are a motivated, intelligent, creative, and hardworking individual, then this job is for you!
We are looking for an experienced Director to lead the teams providing the tools and services which enable a world class Engineering organization to operate at scale and with high code quality. The teams’ goal is to always be improving the tools and development environments provided to the Engineering team such that they remain effective, efficient, and operational with low downtime. This also includes a focus on improving code quality by developing tools and processes to quickly find issues and reduce the overhead of regressions in a large development team. All of this must be done by building automated systems that run with minimal human interventions.
This position requires strong customer focus, good written and verbal communication, organization and ability to work cross functional groups.
- Always look to be improving the tools used by the Engineering team and overall efficiency/quality
- Manage projects to create innovative new tools by managing scoping, development, testing and rolling out
- Manage internal support requests and ensure system SLAs are defined, monitored, and met
- Develop tools/process which enable developers to write higher quality code - automated unit-test frameworks, sanitized builds, test-driven development
- Lead the team on improving processes to reduce support cases
- Hiring qualified engineers and develop their skills
- 5 year+ people and project management experience
- Understanding of industry tools (i.e. Perforce, Git, Coverity, Jira, Bamboo and Google Test)
- Understanding of CI/CD and test-driven development
- General Linux experience is required
- Experience in C/C++ defensive programming is a plus
- Knowledge of Python and other scripting languages is a plus
- Good communication skills are a must
We are the global cybersecurity leader, known for always challenging the security status quo. Our mission is to protect our way of life in the digital age by preventing successful cyberattacks. This has given us the privilege of safely enabling tens of thousands of organizations and their customers. Our pioneering Security Operating Platform emboldens their digital transformation with continuous innovation that seizes the latest breakthroughs in security, automation, and analytics. By delivering a true platform and empowering a growing ecosystem of change-makers like us, we provide highly effective and innovative cybersecurity across clouds, networks, and mobile devices.
Our Security Operating Platform is built for automation. It is easy to operate, with capabilities that work together, so customers can prevent successful cyberattacks. They can use analytics to automate routine tasks, so they can focus on what matters. We are known for continuously delivering innovations; and with Application Framework, we extend that to an open ecosystem of developers that benefit from our customers’ existing investment in data, sensors, and enforcement points.
Back to top