Director Channel Sales ASEAN
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission: protecting our way of life in the digital age by preventing successful cyberattacks. It’s not a small goal. It isn’t simple either, but we aren’t in this for the easy answer. As a company with a foundation in challenging the way things are done, we’re looking for innovators with a dedication to best. In return, your career will have a tangible impact – one that's working toward technology that affects every level of society.
Our mission doesn’t happen by treading softly – no, it happens by defining an industry. It means building products that haven't been thought of. It means selling products with a solutions mindset. It means supporting the infrastructure of a company that moves at an incredible speed – intentionally – to stay ahead of the world’s next cyberthreat.
The Director, Channel Business ASEAN will lead the channel team for the ASEAN territory. The successful candidate will have experience of leading a team and complex business with a focus on partners, growth, and innovation. They will have sufficient market insight and revenue track record with the desired channel base to hit the ground running. They will also have taken a business through consistent 30%+ growth.
You are a senior leader within the APAC Channel Management team and will be responsible for defining and implementing the channel business strategy in the region, with the dual goals of growing top-line revenues through the generation of scalable, repeatable, structured channel relationships.
- Ownership of a team which will require the candidate to leverage and continue Palo Alto Network’s significant partner momentum through Distribution, VAR and SI’s in the region
- Participate in the development and execution of partner strategies, while engaging and establishing relationships to strengthen output
- Establish and develop broad, high-value key partner executive relationships across the entire channel ecosystem
- Build and retain an elite channel sales organization and contribute to the overall leadership of the region
- Develop, implement and execute a sound strategic plan designed to achieve the growth and profitability goals established by the CEO and the Board of Directors
- Rapidly gain acceptance within our major partners as a strong, professional manager who can provide clear leadership for the channel business in ASEAN
- Inspire company performance, instill the mission and goals, and set the stage for the acquisition, retention, and management of key talent throughout the organization
- Be the company’s “link” to partners, SI’s and other stakeholders in the region
- Drive continuous change and flexibility in the organization while at the same time instituting discipline and rigor in daily business operations
- Take direct and hands-on responsibility for the delivery of revenue and profit targets for the ASEAN partners region as agreed, whilst ensuring a stable infrastructure to service the business as it grows
- Ensure corporate infrastructure to support growth and local/global initiatives
- Act as a regional champion and change agent for corporate sponsored channel programs to be rolled out in region
- Develop and execute local strategic initiatives to achieve regional objectives aligned with global initiatives
- Maintain appropriate reporting systems to participate in meetings and business reviews
- Help define and implement management practices that are dynamic and attractive to key talent. Ensure on-boarding, training and professional development plans are to drive high employee achievement and loyalty
- Support development of communications strategies throughout the region
- Drive employee satisfaction by leveraging key talent development tools, employee surveys, and compensation and rewards systems. Develop a plan to mitigate turnover at all levels
- Palo Alto Networks would like to hire a candidate who understands the monthly sales cycle of a hardware and software business.
- Demonstrable track record of successfully managing a regional channel team; including various channel managers for quarterly driven technology orientated company
- The successful candidate will have strong presentation, organizational and planning skills. He/she must be highly motivated, goal-oriented, and pragmatic, with the urge to outperform
- Personal track record in channel sales, sales management with a consistent history of high performance
- Consistent track record of hiring, retaining and motivating highly talented people
- The ideal candidate will also have distribution experience with demand generation success
- Good and current contact list of senior leaders in distribution and 1 tier partners. Experience in cloud business and the partner ecosystem is desirable
- Evidence of leading a growth business with the ability to identify and focus on short /mid-term revenue whilst building an expansion strategy
- People management experience, but willing to take ownership of individual channel and lead by example
- A manager with maturity and well-developed people management skills, combined with significant passion, drive, energy levels, and ambition
- Highly commercial in orientation, with a strong focus on the partner-led customer engagement and a clear commitment to generating top-line growth
- Self-starter, with a very high work rate and able to “get things done” without constant recourse to the channel VP
- Analytical - a clear thinker who can recognize critical issues and focus attention accordingly
- Capable of creating an evolving strategy to meet and anticipate both near and long-term development issues
- Strong creative and conceptual skills; an ability to prioritize and juggle multiple tasks simultaneously
- International in outlook with an understanding of cultural differences and sensitivity to the nuances of different International marketplaces
- Possess the skills and personality to operate effectively in a very fast-paced complex business
The channel organization at Palo Alto Networks is a strategic pillar for our continued growth within cybersecurity, and a critical component to accomplishing our mission. Channel development is an extension of the territory sales team, with an ultimate goal to train and enable our channel partners to become empowered in the use and sales of our products. This team amplifies our organization’s products, focusing on efficient, empowering business tactics to enable a group of channel partners to leverage and utilize our brand and products. This team drives educational understanding and depth of knowledge in a group of strong partners that delivers our products into multiple industries.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our dedication to inclusion and innovation, visit our Life at Palo Alto Networks page and our diversity website.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or an accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at email@example.com.
Back to top