Director Channel Sales ASEAN
Director, Channel Sales, ASEAN
The Director, Channel Business ASEAN will manage the channel team for the ASEAN territory. The successful candidate will have experience of managing a team and complex business with a strong focus on partners, growth and innovation. They will have sufficient market insight and revenue track record with the desired channel base to hit the ground running. They will also have taken a business through consistent 30%+ growth.
The Director, Channel Business ASEAN is a senior leader within the APAC Channel Management team and will be responsible for defining and implementing the channel business strategy in region, with the dual goals of growing top-line revenues through generation of scalable, repeatable, structured channel relationships.
This individual will be expected to focus on a number of primary responsibilities, including:
Customer Retention and Loyalty
- Oversee channel client portfolio
- The successful candidate will need to take ownership of a team which will require them to leverage and continue Palo Alto Network’s significant partner momentum through Distribution, VAR and SI’s in the region.
- Participate in the development and execution of partner strategies
- Engage with partners and build relationships
- Establish and develop broad, high value key partner executive relationships. Across the entire channel ecosystem
- Build and retain a world-class channel sales organization and contribute to the overall leadership of the region.
- Lead the channel team to develop, implement and execute a sound strategic plan designed to achieve the growth and profitability goals established by the CEO and the Board of Directors.
- Rapidly gain acceptance within Palo Alto Networks major partners as a strong, professional manager who can provide clear leadership for the channel business in ASEAN.
- Inspire company performance, instill the mission and goals, and set the stage for the acquisition, retention and management of superior talent throughout the organization.
- Be the company’s “link” to partners, SI’s and other stakeholders in the region.
- Drive continuous change and flexibility in the organization while at the same time instituting discipline and rigor in daily business operations.
- Take ownership for driving growth in the commercial market sector and forecast partner led business.
- Take direct and hands-on responsibility for the delivery of revenue and profit targets for the ASEAN partners region as agreed, whilst ensuring a stable infrastructure to service the business as it grows.
- Ensure corporate infrastructure is in place to support growth and local/global initiatives.
- Act as a regional champion and change agent for corporate sponsored channel programs to be rolled out in region.
- Develop and execute local strategic initiatives to achieve regional objectives aligned with global initiatives.
- Oversee the development and implementation of marketing and sales programs to facilitate accelerated growth and profitability within the channel.
- In accordance with corporate guidelines, establish appropriate local policies and practices.
- Maintain appropriate reporting systems to participate in meetings and business reviews.
- Represent channel business in the region internally.
- Help define and implement management practices that are dynamic and attractive to best in class employees. Ensure on-boarding, training and professional development plans are in place to drive high employee achievement and loyalty.
- Support development of communications strategies through-out the region
- Drive employee satisfaction by leveraging key talent development tools, employee surveys, and compensation and rewards systems. Develop a plan to manage turnover at all levels.
Palo Alto Networks would like to hire a candidate who understands the monthly sales cycle of a hardware and software business.
Demonstrable track record of successfully managing a regional channel team; including various channel managers for quarterly driven technology orientated company.
The successful candidate will have strong interpersonal, presentation, organizational and planning skills. He/she must be highly motivated, goal-oriented, and pragmatic, with the urge to outperform.
Personal track record in channel sales, sales management with a consistent history of high performance.
Strong track record of hiring, retaining and motivating highly talented people.
The ideal candidate will also have distribution experience with demand generation success.
Good and current contact list of senior leaders in distribution and 1 tier partners. Experience in cloud business and the partner ecosystem is desirable
Evidence of managing a growth business with the ability to identify and focus on short /mid-term revenue whilst building an expansion strategy.
People management experience, but willing to take ownership of individual channel and lead by example.
The ideal candidate will have the following personal attributes:
- A manager with maturity and well-developed people management skills, combined with significant passion, drive, energy levels and ambition;
- Highly commercial in orientation, with a strong focus on the partner led customer engagement and a clear commitment to generating top- line growth
- Self-starter, with a very high work rate and able to “get things done” without constant recourse to the channel VP
- Analytical - a clear thinker who can recognize critical issues and focus attention accordingly.
- Be naturally strategic as well as "hands-on".
- This individual must be a forward thinker who is extremely focused and capable of creating an evolving strategy to meet and anticipate both near and long-term development issues.
- Metrics and results driven.
- Will be a decisive manager with a passion for the business and a real sense of urgency.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Leading by example, this individual, when necessary, will not hesitate to get into the details of the business
- Strong creative and conceptual skills; an exceptional ability to prioritize and juggle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- International in outlook with an understanding of cultural differences and sensitivity to the nuances of different International marketplaces.
- Highly ambitious (but pragmatically and realistically so) both on a personal and business level.
- Possess the skills and personality to operate effectively in a very fast-paced complex business
- Impeccable character and high ethical standards.
- Absolute integrity, honesty, intensity and passion.
Back to top