Desktop Support Specialist (Part Time - Contractor)
Part-time role: 20 hours per week
The successful candidate will provide IT Helpdesk / Desktop Support for Palo Alto Networks employees, both locally in our London Office and remotely in the EMEA Region. Responsibilities consist heavily of technical troubleshooting and resolution of end user computer hardware and software issues. The successful candidate must be able to communicate effectively with his / her user base and colleagues, work in an extremely fast paced, dynamic start-up environment, handle multiple support issues at a time, and follow through on all tickets and projects while maintaining a positive attitude, professionalism and a high level of customer service.
- IT support services for all aspects of user account setup and maintenance, system patching, system imaging, break / fix on PC and Mac platforms, video conference equipment, printers, phone systems and general IT hardware / software
- Monitoring and maintaining computer systems, video conferencing and network within the office
- Follow SOP documentation and escalate issues appropriately to higher level staff
- Manage individual workflow and maintain current ticket queue via Service Now ticketing system
- Working closely with IT support team in Amsterdam to learn and identify issues in the office
- Mobile support: iOS, Android, Windows Mobile
- Develop and maintain productive and professional relationship with user base. Strong service-oriented mentality a must. Excellent communication/interpersonal skills, ability and willingness to learn and cross train with other IT staff members required
- Recent hands-on technical experience with Windows 10, Windows 7, Microsoft Office 365, Exchange, Mac OSX (High Sierra, Sierra), Microsoft Active Directory, system imaging, PC and Apple hardware, and mobile devices.
- Basic networking knowledge - VPN, network connectivity including 802.11x, TCP/IP, DHCP
- Recent experience with remote access and remote-control tools to support remote employees.
- Not required, but a plus: • Service-Now • JAMF • SCCM • CrashPlan • Zoom • Okta • Ring Central
Back to top