Data Scientist / Senior Data Scientist (Information Technology)
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission: protecting our way of life in the digital age by preventing successful cyberattacks. It’s not a small goal. It isn’t simple either, but we aren’t in this for the easy answer. As a company with a foundation in challenging the way things are done, we’re looking for innovators with a dedication to best. In return, your career will have a tangible impact – one that's working toward technology that affects every level of society.
Our mission doesn’t happen by treading softly – no, it happens by defining an industry. It means building products that haven't been thought of. It means selling products with a solutions mindset. It means supporting the infrastructure of a company that moves at an incredible speed – intentionally – to stay ahead of the world’s next cyberthreat.
Are you passionate about using cutting edge data science techniques to help protect the world against cyberthreats? Join us and you’ll work with unique data sets to help protect large businesses in the world’s digital transactions, and the lifestyles they enable. What makes this problem so challenging is the dynamic nature of the threat landscape.
You will bring strong knowledge of using a variety of data mining and data analysis methods to build and implement models, algorithms, and simulations. Your expertise and passion will keep us ahead of newest cyberthreats. You will mine, interpret, and clean our data; and we will rely on you to stay curious, ask questions, connect the dots, and uncover opportunities that lie hidden. You will be part of the design and development of new groundbreaking solutions that will guide the next generation of security solutions.
- Use analytical rigor and statistical methods, programming, data modeling, simulation, and advanced mathematics to analyze large amounts of data, recognizing patterns, identifying opportunities, posing business questions, and making valuable discoveries
- Identify/develop appropriate machine learning/data mining/text mining techniques to enable better business outcomes
- Understand and analyze data sources including sampling biases, accuracy, and coverage
- Break apart problems scientifically, providing insight into your recommendations and findings to both technical and non-technical partners
- Research new ways for modeling and predictive behavior for large scale projects
- Generate and test hypotheses, designing experiments to answer targeted questions of advanced complexity
- Collaborate with data engineers to identify data preparation, cleansing, and ETL pipelines
- Documents projects including business objective, data gathering and processes, leading approaches, final algorithm, and detailed set of results and analytical metrics
- Validate score performance
- Document and present model process and performance
- Advanced degree in Machine Learning, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Physics, Statistics, Applied Math, or other quantitative fields
- 0 - 3 years of working experience in analytics, data mining, and/or predictive modeling, and data interpretation
- Proven track record in modifying and applying advanced algorithms to address practical problems
- Deep understanding of algorithms, machine learning and data science
- Confident interacting with business peers to understand and identify use case, with a strong ability to articulate solutions and present them to business partners
- Strong coding skills in one of the following: Python, R, or PySpark
- Experience with Hadoop and NoSQL or related technologies
- Knowledge of NLP/Text mining techniques and related open source tools
Working at a high-tech cybersecurity company within Information Technology is a once in a lifetime opportunity. You’ll be joined with the brightest minds in technology, creating, building, and supporting tools and that enable our global teams on the front line of defense against cyberattacks. We’re joined by one mission – but driven by the impact of that mission and what it means to protect our way of life in the digital age. Join a dynamic and fast-paced team that feels excitement at the prospect of a challenge and feels a thrill at resolving technical gaps that inhibit productivity.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our dedication to inclusion and innovation, visit our Life at Palo Alto Networks page and our diversity website.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or an accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at email@example.com.
Back to top