Palo Alto Networks® is the fastest-growing security company in history. We foster a culture of innovation, authenticity, and collaboration. This focus helps to advance our mission of protecting our way of life in the digital age. Our people make this possible. It’s in our everyday interactions, how we work together and treat each other, that sets Palo Alto Networks apart from other organizations. If you are a motivated, intelligent, creative, and hardworking individual, then this job is for you!
To stay ahead of the curve, it’s critical to know where the curve is and when it’s coming up. For the fastest growing security company, the ‘curve’ is the latest cyber-attacks, computer viruses, making the right business decisions at the right time, etc. and keeping ahead of it all requires the ability to predict.
As a predictive enterprise environment, we analyze the petabytes of data that pass through our walls on a daily basis and we hire the finest minds in data science to build innovative predictive analytics and data science solutions for a myriad of business problems.
- Identify/develop appropriate machine learning/data mining/text mining techniques to enable better business outcomes.
- Understand and analyze data sources including sampling biases, accuracy, and coverage.
- Ask questions and break apart problems scientifically. Form hypotheses and validate.
- Use analytical rigor and statistical methods, machine learning, programming, data modeling, simulation and advanced mathematics to analyze large amounts of data, recognizing patterns, identifying opportunities, posing business questions and making valuable discoveries.
- Research new ways for modeling and predictive behavior for large scale projects.
- Generate and test hypotheses, designing experiments to answer targeted questions of advanced complexity.
- Collaborate with data engineers to identify data preparation/cleansing/ETL pipelines
- Documents projects including business objective, data gathering and processes, leading approaches, final algorithm, detailed set of results and analytical metrics.
- Interprets and communicates insights and findings.
- Validate score performance.
- Document and present model process and performance.
- 0-3 years of working experience in analytics, data mining, and/or predictive modeling.
- Ability to independently support existing products.
- Proven track record in modifying and applying advanced algorithms to address practical problems.
- Excellent knowledge of machine learning/data science approaches.
- Comfortable interacting with business peers to understand and identify use cases. Be able to articulate solutions & present them to business.
- Experience in analyzing and interpreting data.
- Exceptional coding skills in one of the following - Python, R, PySpark.
- Experience with Hadoop and NoSQL related technologies.
- Knowledge of NLP/Text mining techniques and related open source tools.
- Advanced degree in Machine Learning, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Physics, Statistics, Applied Math or other quantitative fields from a reputed university (Ph.D. a plus). Fresh graduates (with M.S. or Ph.D. degree) are also encouraged to apply.
We are the global cybersecurity leader, known for always challenging the security status quo. Our mission is to protect our way of life in the digital age by preventing successful cyberattacks. This has given us the privilege of safely enabling tens of thousands of organizations and their customers. Our pioneering Security Operating Platform emboldens their digital transformation with continuous innovation that seizes the latest breakthroughs in security, automation, and analytics. By delivering a true platform and empowering a growing ecosystem of change-makers like us, we provide highly effective and innovative cybersecurity across clouds, networks, and mobile devices.
Our Security Operating Platform is built for automation. It is easy to operate, with capabilities that work together, so customers can prevent successful cyberattacks. They can use analytics to automate routine tasks, so they can focus on what matters. We are known for continuously delivering innovations; and with Application Framework, we extend that to an open ecosystem of developers that benefit from our customers’ existing investment in data, sensors, and enforcement points.
Back to top