Cortex Systems Engineering Specialist (Germany, Homeoffice)
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
As a Palo Alto Networks Cortex SE Specialist, you will be the expert for our Prevention and Incident and Response solutions vertical within our offering. You are the “go-to” resource for customer interactions that exceed standard Systems Engineering support requirements (we always expect a baseline expertise in all areas from our SE’s, but augment them with SE Specialists/CEs in the advanced or new technology areas).
The Cortex SE Specialist role is a technical role that must directly support sales delivery of quota. Cortex SE Specialists are measured by their expertise and by their ability to lead to customer successes. As the number of Cortex SE Specialists in the company is small, there is also a requirement for close interaction with Product Management to ensure that we continue to out-innovate our competition.
- Present to customers as our expert in your area at all levels in the customer hierarchy from technician to manager
- Lead conversations about industry trends and emerging changes to the security landscape that every customer needs to be aware of and planning to deal with
- Discuss, with credibility, competitive offers in the marketplace and positions ours as the best alternative
- Lead and support customer demonstrations (with our SE’s) that showcase our unique value
- Interact locally and remotely with customers in an equally persuasive manner
- Working with Product Management, Technical Marketing, and R&D to create requirements and product features for our large customers and provide feedback from customers
- Provide design consultation and best practice guidance for rollout, implementation, and policy conversion during the 'pre-sales' process for strategic opportunities. The Cortex SE Specialist will take ownership of advanced 'proof of concept' testing in strategic accounts either at the customer site or Palo Alto Networks lab facilities.
- Provide product update and enhancement training to other SEs in the region or theater
- Provide demos for strategic prospects and current accounts in all facets of Palo Alto Networks virtual offerings and integration in existing data center environments.
- Assist in the training of new Palo Alto Networks SEs in their designated region in installs customer presentations, and internally-focused deal preparation activities.
- Provide territory coverage within the region when additional resources are required.
- Provide advanced 'Partner SE' training for updates in the Palo Alto Networks product suite.
- 4+ years of technical hands-on experience with application security or endpoint security or UEBA or as a security analyst.
- 4+ years of experience as a pre-sale engineer facing customers; Experience working with FIs is an advantage; preferably working in a start-up and vendor environment.
- Solid understanding of web applications, web protocols, security and Internet environments, network security.
- Advanced knowledge of web threats and cybercrime.
- Experience with common enterprise desktop software deployment methodologies.
- Experience installing, configuring and integrating a complex Security environment.
- Experience understanding malware, exploits, operating system structure, and behavior.
- Demonstrable experience in securing these environments.
- BSCS or equivalent and 5+ years of experience as a SE or systems integrator.
- Good understanding of Unix/Linux, MacOs and Windows operating systems and scripting.
- Demonstrable experience with systems installation, configuration, and administration of routers/switches, UNIX/Linux and Windows-based systems (prior Active Directory/LDAP experience desirable.)
- Experience in Firewall will be a great add-on
- Travel of 40%-60% within the designated region.
As part of our Systems Engineering team, you’ll support the sales team with technical expertise and guidance when establishing trust with key clients. You won’t find someone at Palo Alto Networks that isn’t committed to your success – with everyone pitching in to assist when it comes to solutions selling, learning, and development. As a member of our systems engineering team, you are motivated by a solutions-focused sales environment and find fulfillment in working with clients to resolve incredible complex cyberthreats.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Back to top