Corporate Counsel (Commercial – Technology, Transactions & Privacy Team)
Palo Alto Networks® is the fastest-growing security company in history. We offer the chance to be part of an important mission: ending breaches and protecting our way of digital life. If you are a motivated, intelligent, creative, and hardworking individual, then this job is for you!
Palo Alto Networks is currently seeking an enthusiastic, proactive and dynamic individual to join its global legal department in Reston, VA as a Corporate Counsel, reporting to the Director, Sr. Counsel, Technology, Transactions & Privacy practice. You will be part of a fast-moving, collaborative legal team that impacts all go-to-market aspects of the business on a daily basis. The team is focused on developing our next generation licensing agreements, buying programs and channel partner programs to scale across Palo Alto Networks’ entire technology portfolio. This position will work closely with sales operations, revenue and finance, channel operations and global customer service teams. You will also be an important resource for Legal colleagues on a global basis. Strong candidates are solutions-driven and independent, with direct experience in drafting and negotiating software, cloud, hardware and channel agreements. Excellent interpersonal, communication and drafting skills and the ability to synthesize complex issues and influence and lead across functions are required – a sense of humor is a plus!
- Draft, review and negotiate a wide variety of complex commercial, technology (including cloud and hybrid/SaaS models), intellectual property, channel, supply chain and vendor agreements that comply with the company’s policies and risk tolerance.
- Respond promptly and effectively to legal requests from sales, business development, operations, senior management, marketing, corporate finance and other internal clients, and advise on recommended courses of action and legal risks.
- Manage outside counsel on related matters when required.]
- Support continuous improvement of standard form agreements, policies and legal processes related to commercial transactions.
- Handle special projects as requested.
- Must be a lawyer qualified to practice in at least one U.S. state, preferably California, and have a law degree from a reputable law school.
- Must have 6-8+ years of strong commercial transaction experience with demonstrated success, significant experience with SaaS a plus.
- Familiarity with revenue recognition principles.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, business judgment, strategic thinking, superior work ethic, flexibility and ability to work independently.
- Ability to work efficiently with cross-functional teams and manage numerous projects simultaneously under deadline pressure.
- Superior language, written and verbal communication skills required.
- Sense of humor always a plus and commitment to professionalism is expected.
- Experience in network security or other high technology companies preferred.
- Periodic travel may be required.
Back to top