Commercial Presales Systems Engineer
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission: protecting our way of life in the digital age by preventing successful cyberattacks. It’s not a small goal. It isn’t simple either, but we aren’t in this for the easy answer. As a company with a foundation in challenging the way things are done, we’re looking for innovators with a dedication to best. In return, your career will have a tangible impact – one that's working toward technology that affects every level of society.
Our mission doesn’t happen by treading softly – no, it happens by defining an industry. It means building products that haven't been thought of. It means selling products with a solutions mindset. It means supporting the infrastructure of a company that moves at an incredible speed – intentionally – to stay ahead of the world’s next cyberthreat.
You will work with your sales partner to establish relationships with customers with the goal of helping them detect and prevent advanced cyberattacks and breaches by advising them on what applications to deploy from the Palo Alto Networks platform. Our systems engineers have a deep technical understanding of cybersecurity products, integrations, and the critical cyberthreats facing our potential customer’s environments.
We need these technical experts to work with our sales teams, providing training and technical support. You build trust with our clients and teams, establishing strong rapport as a trusted advisor, and build an environment where our clients feel (and are) secure. Additionally, you'll be called upon to offer feedback to our product management team on new feature requests and product improvements based on what you learn from your customer base.
- Effectively lead conversations and presentations about Palo Alto Networks security platform and solutions
- Create and deliver compelling demonstrations of Palo Alto Networks products and solutions that clearly differentiates from competitors or legacy security solutions
- Educate customers and partners on the modern network security landscape
- Identify and qualify new opportunities, and drive technical pre-sales activities to opportunity closure
- Dedicatedly expand the Palo Alto Networks install base within existing accounts
- Maintain key partner technical relationships and effectively enable and leverage channel partners; excel in a channel-driven sales model
- Create evaluation test plans with customers that highlight the strengths of Palo Alto Networks platform and clearly differentiate from competitors, and manage the evaluation process to a successful conclusion
- Gather customer technical requirements and identify product and technology gaps
- Understand and assist customers through the support escalation process, helping manage support escalations with the customer to closure, if necessary
- Technical competence: Understands basically Security products and LAN/WAN/Routing/Switching terminology; Continuous technical development
- Agenda setting: Able to identify problems in customer environments and leading conversations in Palo Alto Networks solutions
- Professional skills: Effective in customer-facing engagement, and in writing, presentation, and creative problem-solving skills; focused on continued development and experience
- Attitude: Consistently takes responsibility for own actions; self-motivated and proactive in all engagements; consistently exhibits a positive attitude and demonstrates a “whatever-it-takes” mentality to get things done; dependable, never makes excuses, and always delivers
- Teamwork: Works extremely well with the immediate team and channel partners and can coordinate productive engagement with the product, marketing, and other members of the extended team; A consummate team player
- BSCS or equivalent with 2+ years of experience as an SE or Systems integrator
- Basic experience in Pre-sales SE engagement, or demonstrable equivalent industry experience
- Fluent in German and English
- Ideal candidates will have prior experience selling network infrastructure based security appliances, including but not limited to: Firewalls, SSL/IPSec VPNs, Security Proxies and Caches
- Practical experience working with routing and switching products that will be installed adjacent to the Palo Alto Networks appliances
- Strong communication (written and verbal) and presentation skills, both internally and externally
- Solid problem-solving skills, ability to analyze multivariate problems and use a systematic approach to gain quick resolution
- Solid and effective organizational and time-management skills
- Basic experience with systems installation, configuration, and administration of routers/switches, UNIX/Linux and Windows-based systems (prior Active Directory/LDAP experience desirable)
- Experience in L2-L4 Networking (L2 Switching architectures including Spanning Tree, IP routing including OSPF and BGP, L4 Load balancing)
- Experience selling, demonstrating, installing and troubleshooting network infrastructure products
- Experience training customers and partners on technical subject matter, including new networking and security features
Palo Alto Networks has brought technology to market that is reshaping the cybersecurity threat and protection landscape. Our ability to protect digital transactions is limited only by our ability to establish relationships with our potential customers and help them understand how our products can protect their environments. This is where our systems engineer (SE) teams come in. Our SE team members work hand-in-hand with large organizations to keep their digital information safe. Our passionate systems engineering teams educate, inspire, and empower our potential clients.
As part of our SE team, you help support the sales team with technical expertise and mentorship when establishing trust with key clients. You won’t find someone at Palo Alto Networks that isn’t committed to your success – with everyone pitching in to assist when it comes to solutions selling, learning, and development. As a member of our systems engineer team, you are driven by a solutions-focused sales environment and find fulfillment in working with clients to resolve incredible complex cyberthreats.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our dedication to inclusion and innovation, visit our Life at Palo Alto Networks page and our diversity website.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or an accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Back to top