Commercial Presales Systems Engineer
Palo Alto Networks™ has brought a technology to market that is reshaping the network security landscape. As a Palo Alto Networks Commercial Presales Systems Engineer, you will be responsible for presenting the Palo Alto Networks Next Generation Firewall solution to prospective customers: creating and delivering demonstrations of the products, gathering customer technical requirements, and making expert technical recommendations. You will work closely with your Sales and Channel partner to provide training and technical support as a product expert. As well as offer feedback to the Product Management team on new feature requests and product enhancements from your customer base. If you are a technical genius with commercial skills who would like to put that passion to work at a company of all-stars, we would like to hear from you!
Presales Systems Engineer Commercial
- Effectively lead conversations and presentations about Palo Alto Networks security platform and solutions.
- Create and deliver compelling demonstrations of Palo Alto Networks products and solutions that clearly differentiates from competitors or legacy security solutions.
- Educate customers and partners on the modern network security landscape.
- Identify and qualify new opportunities, and drive technical presales activities to opportunity closure.
- Proactively expand the Palo Alto Networks install base within existing accounts.
- Maintain key partner technical relationships and effectively enable and leverage channel partners; excel in a channel-driven sales model.
- Create evaluation test plans with customers that highlight the strengths of Palo Alto Networks platform and clearly differentiate from competitors, and manage the evaluation process to a successful conclusion.
- Gather customer technical requirements and identify product and technology gaps.
- Understand and assist customers through the support escalation process, helping manage support escalations with the customer to closure, if necessary.
- Technical competence: Understands basically Security products and LAN/WAN/Routing/Switching terminology; Continuous technical development.
- Agenda setting: Able to identifying problems in customer environments and leading conversations in Palo Alto Networks solutions.
- Professional skills: Effective in customer facing engagement, and in writing, presentation, and creative problem solving skills; focused on continued development and experience
- Attitude: Consistently takes responsibility for own actions; self-motivated and proactive in all engagements; consistently exhibits a positive attitude and demonstrates a “whatever-it-takes” mentality to get things done; dependable, never makes excuses, and always delivers
- Teamwork: Works extremely well with the immediate team and channel partners and can coordinate productive engagement with the product, marketing, and other members of the extended team; A consummate team player.
- BSCS or equivalent with 2+ years of experience as an SE or Systems integrator
- Basic experience in Pre-sales SE engagement, or demonstrable equivalent industry experience.
- Fluent in German and English
- Ideal candidates will have prior experience selling network infrastructure based security appliances, including but not limited to: Firewalls, SSL/IPSec VPNs, Security Proxies and Caches.
- Practical experience working with routing and switching products that will be installed adjacent to the Palo Alto Networks appliances.
- Strong communication (written and verbal) and presentation skills, both internally and externally.
- Solid problem solving skills, ability to analyze multivariate problems and use a systematic approach to gain quick resolution
- Solid and effective organizational and time-management skills.
- Basic experience with systems installation, configuration and administration of routers/switches, UNIX/Linux and Windows-based systems (prior Active Directory/LDAP experience desirable)
- Experience in L2-L4 Networking (L2 Switching architectures including Spanning Tree, IP routing including OSPF and BGP, L4 Load balancing)
- Experience selling, demonstrating, installing and troubleshooting network infrastructure products
- Experience training customers and partners on technical subject matter, including new networking and security features
- Be part of the fastest growing security company in history which strives for continuous innovation
- Join an energetic and passionate presales team that is driving the vision to Palo Alto Networks customers and partners of protecting our digital way of life
- Get certified in Palo Alto Networks technology and join annual technological events and trainings
- Non - Bureaucratic communication and a flat hierarchy
- Continuous development within this role and the organization. Grow as the organization is growing!
- Home office / Office in Munich (depending on personal location)
- An advantageous package incl. secondary benefits
Back to top