Commercial Channel Business Manager - Süd
COMMERCIAL CHANNEL BUSINESS MANAGER - Süd
Palo Alto Networks® is the fastest-growing security company in history. We offer the chance to be part of an important mission: ending breaches and protecting our way of digital life. If you are a motivated, intelligent, creative, and hardworking individual, then this job is for you! We are looking for a talented, motivated Commercial Channel Business Manager to join our team, bringing vision and a desire to positively impact our commercial business.
- Work within and contribute to the Country business plan that will provide appropriate coverage, capacity, and competence to support the growth ambitions of the company
- Relationship management for a small set of the channel partners proactively build a regular cadence of relationship-building; responsible for “partner peering” exercises which allow Palo Alto Networks to have more relationships across the partner organization
- Work closely with the Commercial Lead function to drive commercial business in the assigned region and build a strong reputation of Palo Alto Networks’ brand within the German Mittelstand segment.
- Work at a “deal level” in order to manage the Partner pipeline and to provide weekly tactical support on order processing and order management; ensure purchase orders flow through the partner and distributor to Palo Alto Networks Sales Operations in a timely manner according to Sales forecasts in SFDC
- Accept inbound and perform outbound telephone calls from/to end customers and partners and make weekly onsite visits to identify sales opportunities, enable pipeline growth, and drive partner connectivity to Palo Alto Networks
- Review, monitor, share, and report on sales and product promotions, deal registration and partner contribution KPIs, and other priorities
- Work with Country leadership (Sales, SE, Marketing, Channel) in a collaborative manner to Business Plans. Ensure the right cross-functional and decision-making stakeholders at the Partner and client are involved in the Business Plan process and sign-off on its approval.
- Hold regular business planning sessions within channel and commercial sales in order to continually build our network and to increase our influence within and across the partner organization; establish and develop broad, key partner management relationships.
- Establish Palo Alto Networks as the standard and preferred enterprise security vendor and build milestones to measure success.
- Develop and lead Quarterly Business Reviews (QBR) with cross-functional stakeholders and leaders from both organizations to measure progress against mutual business objectives
- Listen to the Partner(s). Share and communicate their needs to Palo Alto Networks’ teams; translate Partner needs into solutions. Be the Partner spokesperson for success requirements
- Work with Partner(s) to ensure they are seeing an attractive and profitable business relationship with Palo Alto Networks, one which encourages them to continue focusing on us and investing with us financially.
- Actively work with the Partner(s) Sales and Field Sales organizations to proactively generate leads and to have Palo Alto Networks introduced to Partners’ customers and prospects.
- Balance short term initiatives with longer term development.
- Responsible for bringing vendor and partner sales organizations together for Account Mapping and Sales Alignment
- University (Bachelor’s) degree or equivalent education
- 4-5 years of progressive sales and channel development experience
- Excel reporting proficiency; able to build PowerPoint slide deck independently for presentation to management level audiences
- Must have strong proficiency with various software applications including Microsoft Office and Salesforce.com
- Strong verbal and written communications skills; presentation, customer, business and negotiation skills.
- A understanding of the sales process and Business Needs of customers and partners
- High energy with the capability to multi-task in a dynamic, rapidly growing organization.
- Structured. Focused. Business minded. Able to prioritize. A-player. Team player.
- Willing to be part of an ambitious, successful, fast growing company, offering unique and disruptive technology that addresses the security business needs of a fast growing customer and prospect base.
- Palo Alto Networks would like to hire a candidate who understands the monthly sales cycle of a hardware and software business.
- The successful candidate will have good interpersonal, presentation, organizational and planning skills. He/she must be highly motivated, goal-oriented, and pragmatic, with the urge to outperform.
- Be naturally strategic as well as "hands-on" and able to solve daily tactical problems
- Impeccable character and high ethical standards.
- Absolute integrity, honesty, intensity and passion.
- Languages: Fluent German and English
Learn more about Palo Alto Networks and visit our fast facts
Back to top