Commercial Channel Business Manager - Süd
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission: protecting our way of life in the digital age by preventing successful cyberattacks. It’s not a small goal. It isn’t simple either, but we aren’t in this for the easy answer. As a company with a foundation in challenging the way things are done, we’re looking for innovators with a dedication to best. In return, your career will have a tangible impact – one that's working toward technology that affects every level of society.
Our mission doesn’t happen by treading softly – no, it happens by defining an industry. It means building products that haven't been thought of. It means selling products with a solutions mindset. It means supporting the infrastructure of a company that moves at an incredible speed – intentionally – to stay ahead of the world’s next cyberthreat.
The channel organization at Palo Alto Networks is a strategic pillar for our continued growth within cybersecurity, and a critical component to accomplishing our mission. Channel development is an extension of the territory sales team, with an ultimate goal to train and enable our channel partners to become empowered in the use and sales of our products. This team amplifies our organization’s products, focusing on efficient, empowering business tactics to enable a group of channel partners to leverage and utilize our brand and products. This team drives educational understanding and depth of knowledge in a group of strong partners that delivers our products into multiple industries.
- Work within and contribute to the Country business plan that will provide appropriate coverage, capacity, and competence to support the growth ambitions of the company
- Relationship management for a small set of the channel partners dedicatedly build a regular cadence of relationship-building; responsible for “partner peering” exercises which allow Palo Alto Networks to have more relationships across the partner organization
- Work closely with the Commercial Lead function to drive commercial business in the assigned region and build a strong reputation of Palo Alto Networks’ brand within the German Mittelstand segment
- Work at a “deal level” in order to manage the Partner pipeline and to provide weekly tactical support on order processing and order management; ensure purchase orders flow through the partner and distributor to Palo Alto Networks Sales Operations in a timely manner according to Sales forecasts in SFDC
- Accept inbound and perform outbound telephone calls from/to end customers and partners and make weekly onsite visits to identify sales opportunities, enable pipeline growth, and drive partner connectivity to Palo Alto Networks
- Review, monitor, share, and report on sales and product promotions, deal registration and partner contribution KPIs, and other priorities
- Work with Country leadership (Sales, SE, Marketing, Channel) in a collaborative manner to Business Plans. Ensure the right cross-functional and decision-making stakeholders at the Partner and client are involved in the Business Plan process and sign-off on its approval
- Hold regular business planning sessions within channel and commercial sales in order to continually build our network and to increase our influence within and across the partner organization; establish and develop broad, key partner management relationships
- Establish Palo Alto Networks as the standard and preferred enterprise security vendor and build milestones to measure success
- Develop and lead Quarterly Business Reviews (QBR) with cross-functional stakeholders and leaders from both organizations to measure progress against mutual business objectives
- Listen to the Partner(s). Share and communicate their needs to Palo Alto Networks’ teams; translate Partner needs into solutions. Be the Partner spokesperson for success requirements
- Work with Partner(s) to ensure they are seeing an attractive and profitable business relationship with Palo Alto Networks, one which encourages them to continue focusing on us and investing with us financially.
- Actively work with the Partner(s) Sales and Field Sales organizations to dedicatedly generate leads and to have Palo Alto Networks introduced to Partners’ customers and prospects
- Balance short term initiatives with longer-term development
- Responsible for bringing vendor and partner sales organizations together for Account Mapping and Sales Alignment
- University (Bachelor’s) degree or equivalent education
- 4-5 years of dynamic sales and channel development experience
- Excel reporting proficiency; able to build PowerPoint slide deck independently for presentation to management level audiences
- Have strong proficiency with various software applications including Microsoft Office and Salesforce.com
- Strong verbal and written communications skills; presentation, customer, business and negotiation skills
- An understanding of the sales process and Business Needs of customers and partners
- High energy with the capability to multi-task in a dynamic, rapidly growing organization
- Structured. Focused. Business minded. Able to prioritize. A-player. Standout colleague
- Willing to be part of an ambitious, successful, fast growing company, offering unique and disruptive technology that addresses the security business needs of a fast-growing customer and prospect base
- Understands the monthly sales cycle of a hardware and software business
- Have good interpersonal, presentation, organizational and planning skills. Highly motivated, goal-oriented, and pragmatic, with the urge to outperform
- Be naturally strategic as well as "hands-on" and able to tackle daily tactical problems
- Impeccable character and high ethical standards
- Absolute integrity, honesty, intensity, and passion
- Languages: Fluent German and English
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our dedication to inclusion and innovation, visit our Life at Palo Alto Networks page and our diversity website.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or an accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at email@example.com.
Back to top