Cloud Technical Sales Manager
- Pittsburgh, PA
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
Join the team that has combined the best public cloud infrastructure security companies (Evident.io + RedLock) and the best cloud-native workload protection companies (Twistlock + PureSec + Aporeto) with the industry’s leader in cloud security, Palo Alto Networks. Together, our technologies will form the world’s most advanced cloud security offering.
This is an opportunity to get in on the ground floor of a key growth area for Palo Alto Networks.
Due to our tremendous growth, we are looking for driven, smart, and experienced sales executives who can develop relationships and drive new customer acquisitions to utilize our SaaS-based solutions. Our sales organization continues to offer the creative culture of a “startup” fast-paced environment with an industry-leading product but under the umbrella of Palo Alto Networks Platform.
Our sales teams align Prisma Cloud solutions to customer needs, developing relationships with executives and providing insight to help customers understand the value of the Prisma Cloud platform through hands-on demos, success criteria, and overall solution intelligence.
- Teams with other Palo Alto Networks account team members to grow the Prisma Cloud business in your territory
- Responsible for the overall sales strategies and results to achieve quota with a set of major accounts
- Sells products to new and/or current customers in an assigned territory to achieve or exceed assigned quota
- Contacts prospective customers to understand product needs and perform sales presentations to match company's products and identified needs
- Can create a crisp software proposal with technical and business value articulated clearly
- Prospects and develops business, respond to RFPs, and develops proposals for presentation to customers
- Develops and maintains a healthy pipeline to achieve plan
- Coordinates account resources with representatives from marketing, pre-sales engineering, and development
- Remains knowledgeable on Prisma Cloud products to facilitate the sales effort
- Maintains sales records and prepares sales reports as required; keeps our CRM system updated to provide an accurate reflection of the business in your territory
- Provides follow up with customers to ensure customer satisfaction with products provided
- Engages subject matter experts and executives in sales campaigns as appropriate
- Manages all aspects of the evaluation program
- Understands competition in the territory and general business climate
- A highly consultative sales professional with superb communication and closing skills
- Capacity to think and act on both a tactical and strategic level
- A risk taker who has a high level of ambitions consistent with good business judgment and instincts
- Enjoy consensus and work well within a team environment
- 5 years of direct enterprise software executive sales experience preferably in SaaS, CyberSecurity or DevOps
- Knowledge of the territory's top accounts
- Track record on closing seven-figure transactions
- History of exceeding software sales quotas through strategic selling skills
- Experience and credibility selling at the CxO and senior sales business manager level
- Ability to build strong and continuous partner relationships
- Technical acumen but with the ability to relate it with business value
- High intellect and the capacity to multitask
- Excellent qualifying and closing skills
Our Sales team members work hand in hand with large organizations around the world to keep their digital environments protected. We educate, inspire, and empower our potential clients in their journey to security.
As part of our Sales team, you are empowered with unmatched systems and tools, constantly updated research and sales libraries, and a team built on joint success. You won’t find someone at Palo Alto Networks who isn’t committed to your success — everyone pitches in to assist when it comes to solutions selling, learning, and development. As a member of our Sales team, you are motivated by a solutions-focused sales environment and find fulfillment in working with clients to resolve incredibly complex cyberthreats.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Back to top