Cloud Site Reliability Engineer (Information Security)
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
Palo Alto Networks is disrupting the Cyber Security industry! We’re definitely not business-as-usual and that goes for the talent we hire. We’re looking for a Senior Site Reliability Engineer to join our InfoSec team that owns securing and delivering security for our Enterprise, SaaS, and Public Cloud security services. With your mad DevOps skills, you’ll design, build, maintain and scale highly critical, security production services in a Google Cloud Platform environment as well as mentor team members. You won’t see this in most InfoSec teams in the industry and this highly visible position will help drive our goal to continue being a powerful, disruptive force in Cyber Security.
- Design, build, maintain, and scale production services in public cloud environments
- Write automation code for provisioning and operating infrastructure at massive scale
- Build processes and automation to proactively manage and maintain highly scalable cloud services
- Work with development teams to make sure the applications fit nicely within the infrastructure and scalability/reliability is designed and implemented from the ground up
- Develop tools for enabling CI/CD, automated testing and release management
- Troubleshoot incidents, formulate theories and test your hypothesis, and narrow down possibilities to find the root cause
- Postmortem reviews and remediation recommendation
- Mentor and train security engineers in cloud-deployed and delivered services.
- You’re a hands-on engineer who leads by doing
- Strong knowledge of cloud security architecture, web application security, and security engineering.
- You have a minimum of 8 years industry experience with at least 2 years of experience in DevOps automation and tooling, including cloud SRE roles.
- Experience with GCP (preferred) or AWS
- You can leverage DevOps tools to build, harden, maintain and instrument a comprehensive cloud-based security orchestration platform to be consumed in product CI/CD pipelines (Kubernetes, Ansible, Terraform, Puppet...)
- Developed automated security and compliance capabilities in support of DevOps processes in a large-scale cloud computing environments
- Integrate security practices across a continuous delivery pipeline to provide a comprehensive automated cloud and application security solution
- Experience in building scalable dashboards for monitoring and troubleshooting SaaS applications
- Ability to troubleshoot, isolate and resolve issues related to systems or networking quickly
- Experience collecting metrics, measuring systems and interpreting data to make decisions
- Ability to multitask and prioritize multiple issues
- Take responsibility for creating design specifications and prepare technical documentation
- Support the development of standards by creating templates and patterns for ease of use and increase the productivity of the security program
- Foster, and build a community of practice for collective learning of the security tools, practices, and systems across all disciplines
- Working knowledge of IP Networking, VPNs, DNS, load balancing and Firewalling
- BS/MS in Computer Science/Engineering, or equivalent experience
We’re not your ordinary Information Security team. We’re a diverse group of security professionals who challenge the status quo in order to protect Palo Alto Networks and our customers.
Driving innovation on the Information Security team of the fastest-growing high-tech cybersecurity company is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. You’ll be joined by the brightest minds in technology, and our global teams are on the front line of defense against cyberattacks.
Back to top