Cloud Security Solutions Engineer
Palo Alto Networks® is the fastest-growing security company in history. We offer the chance to be part of an important mission: ending breaches and protecting our way of digital life. If you are a motivated, intelligent, creative, and hardworking individual, then this job is for you!
The engineer will function as the Palo Alto Networks Cloud Security Solutions Engineer and Cloud Subject Matter Expert (SME.) The engineer will serve on a team as a cloud product technical expert for both customers and internal teams and be able to secure, design, architect, and deliver solutions to customers and prospects by leveraging API and SDK best practices. The engineer contributes to the development of new content based on customer needs and provides working examples which are highly innovative and ingenious.
This role is a highly technical, hands-on role and the engineer will be required to develop and maintain an expertise on the Palo Alto Network cloud-based products. This engineer will also influence and transform Palo Alto Networks cloud products to maximize customers value and success. The individual engages with Product and Engineering teams to drive improvements based on customer experiences. This individual will also drive education and coaching to improve customer onboarding and retention.
- As a Cloud Security Solutions Engineer, you will be part of the Customer Solutions Engineering, Professional Services Team, and will also work closely with the Product Management and Engineering teams
- This engineer will primarily support post-sales by demonstrating our ability to excel in the delivery of Customized Cloud Security Projects but may be called upon to help proof of value and demonstrations for pre-sales clients
- Build highly automated solutions for real-world customer issues in securing their cloud workloads by leveraging a combination of products and cloud services, allowing customers to realize the best outcomes out of the Palo Alto Networks Platform as they adopt cloud principles
- Document business requirements, propose solution design, help to prototype and take solution through to launch and market
- Collaborate with Product Management and Engineering teams on new products/features
- Demonstrate thought leadership in cloud computing across multiple channels and become a trusted advisor to decision makers
- Build Global knowledge and grow expertise in Cloud Security deployments
- Create and maintain training framework for Cloud products
- Build a library of Intellectual Property
- Develop and coach appropriate team members
- BS in Computer Science, MIS, business, or equivalent education/training/experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Leadership skills, being able to generate enthusiasm and commitment
- Minimum 5 years’ experience securing workloads in either Azure or Google, and AWS. Certification desirable
- Minimum 5 years’ experience scripting and automation experience using more than one of Go Lang, Java, Ruby, Python
- Minimum 3 years (concurrent) multi-cloud scripting experience in order of preference, Google Cloud Functions, Azure Functions, AWS Lambda
- Leverage API/SDK in Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery environment (Kubernetes, Docker, Terraform)
- Working Knowledge of Swagger in building and updating SDKs
- Knowledge of compliance standards (e.g. CIS, HIPAA, PCI, NIST-53, ISO 27001) and their relevance in public cloud
- Configure Identity and Access Management in the least privilege model
- Secure Data in transit and at rest in more than one cloud provider
- Data Loss Prevention strategies, leveraging more than one cloud provider
- Secure serverless workloads
- Conducting Incident Response and Forensics
- Established credibility with enterprise level senior executive teams.
- Experience coaching within organizations
- Ability to effectively juggle and manage many different tasks simultaneously
- Comprehensive understanding of cyber security concepts, best practices and current threats to our digital way of life
Meet Some of Palo Alto Networks's Employees
VP, Supply Chain Operations
Vonnie oversees the end-to-end supply chain for the manufacture and delivery of Palo Alto Networks’ hardware, ensuring that customers receive outstanding products in a timely manner.
Back to top