Cloud Sales Manager - ANZ South
Cloud Sales Manager ANZ South
Palo Alto Networks® is the fastest-growing security company in history. We offer the chance to be part of an important mission: ending breaches and protecting our way of digital life. If you are a motivated, intelligent, creative, and hardworking individual, then this job is for you!
The Palo Alto Networks Cloud Sales Manager, ANZ plays a critical role in driving the success our cloud strategy by acting as the ‘Go-To” Cloud security sales lead for Australia and New Zealand. This role will be focused driving business across VIC, WA, SA, TAS, and NT. The role, which will focus on driving consumption of our leading cloud security offering in the market, will work in conjunction with our field, inside, and channel sales organisations to drive successful end-user adoption of our Cloud Security products. This role will engage both through field sales resources and directly on end-user account opportunities, this is a quota carrying role.
The Cloud Sales Manager will own the cloud security target for the region and will be responsible for driving pipeline and bookings outcomes across the sales organization. This role will work closely to execute defined playbooks for the key cloud vendors and cloud consulting partners in the region to deliver complete solutions to end-user accounts. A strong track record for selling through cloud vendors and cloud consulting partners is a must.
The Cloud Sales Manager will report to the theatres’ sales organization and will have a strong dotted line coordination requirement for consistent communication and engagement with the VP of Public Cloud Sales. In addition, this role will require interaction, coordination and joint engagement with Palo Alto Networks Business Development, Marketing, and Product Marketing/Development, thus strong collaboration skills are a must. This position will be the knowledge expert on all aspects of the assigned Cloud Providers and will be asked to present at Public Cloud keynotes, QBRs, executive meetings, trainings and other assigned events. They will serve as the ‘Go-To’ Cloud expert in ANZ and engage directly with customers to articulate our Cloud offerings, including that of our new RedLock acquisition which extends our prevention-based security capabilities in the Public Cloud.
They will demonstrate a deep understanding of the focus Public Cloud Provider’s go-to-market strategies including but not limited to co-selling, strategic planning and goal setting, channel programs, marketing campaigns and programs, strategic events and funnel management as it relates to the theatres’ strategy. The successful candidate will have demonstrated both strong capabilities in not only leading end-user discussions, but also understand how to leverage the cloud eco-system to help our sales teams succeed in the field.
- Be the ‘Go-To’ resource in ANZ for our Cloud offerings, including the RedLock technology
- Lead key end-user sales opportunities in the field in conjunction with the field team
- Train the field sales team on our cloud security story
- Track and report on all opportunities, pipeline and bookings and provide forecasts and funnel management reports for the region
- Work closely with the regional Consulting Engineering team on end-user Cloud opportunities
- Facilitate co-selling opportunities, account mapping and other sales engagements between Palo Alto Network’s field sales and the Public Cloud provider’s sales teams
- Support Palo Alto Network’s field sales organization on engagement management with the Cloud Providers.
- Assist and participate in creating and providing content for Public Cloud training curriculum and sales enablement activities
- Coordinate activities and have involvement with the Public Cloud virtual team of Business Development, Marketing, Product Management, Channels and Sales as part of cloud strategy
- Develop the annual region specific strategic plan and performance goals for assigned Cloud Providers in conjunction with the master plan developed by the Global Engagement Directors.
- Provide support and coordination for channel activity with assigned Cloud Providers and coordinate with the Palo Alto Network’s Cloud Channel and NextWave channel teams
- Understand and articulate the Public Cloud provider’s strategic initiatives and gain a deep understanding of the activities, roadmap and vision of each Cloud Provider
- Build and maintain relationships with key personnel in the Public Cloud providers to solidify Palo Alto Network’s standing and awareness within the provider and to assist in the development of key relationships with the extended Palo Alto Network’s cloud team and executives
- Direct engagement and partner relationships are a critical part of this role
- Build strong GTM relationships
- Ensure WW Global Cloud Provider Engagement Director are engaged in your theater
- Help provide insight in the support of Public Cloud events and attend/participate in the events
- Provide support in the form of expertise and training for Palo Alto Network’s field sales enablement
- BA, BS (or equivalent work experience), MBA preferred
- 10+ Years’ experience in Sales Leadership – Account or Channel Management
- Deep ANZ experience and demonstrated ability to work successfully across countries
- Public Cloud experience a requirement
- Existing relationships within one or all Public Cloud Providers (AWS, Azure, Google) is preferred
- Channel experience including selling with or managing channel partners is preferred
- Industry knowledge of security product market trends and directional awareness of Palo Alto Network’s solutions and is desired
- Demonstrated ability to work in a virtual and highly matrixed environment
- Proven ability to manage a myriad of different disciplines and tasks in a high pressure, time sensitive environment
- 25%-40% Travel with ability to travel internationally
- Strong communication (written and verbal) and presentation skills
- "Whatever it takes" attitude and motivation to do whatever necessary to assist in winning business
Back to top