Cloud Data Engineer
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
We are the fastest growing company in one of the fastest moving industries, it’s absolutely critical that all of our businesses and product units have all the information needed to make the fastest and smartest decisions. Our Big Data Analytics team is constantly growing and stretching as they rise to the challenges created by our meteoric growth and adding new technologies that make sense is a daily occurrence. We have recently introduced GCP into our Big Data Analytics environment and we are looking for a ‘groundbreaking’ senior level Big Data Engineer to join our team and help drive these efforts.
- Integral team member of our AI and Analytics team responsible for design and development of Big data solutions
- Partner with domain experts, product managers, analyst, and data scientists to develop Big Data pipelines in Hadoop or Google Cloud Platform
- Responsible for delivering data as a service framework from Google Cloud Platform
- Responsible for moving all legacy workloads to cloud platform
- Work with data scientist to build ML pipelines using heterogeneous sources and provide engineering services for data science applications
- Ensure automation through CI/CD across platforms both in cloud and on-premises
- Ability to research and assess open source technologies and components to recommend and integrate into the design and implementation
- Be the technical expert and mentor other team members on Big Data and Cloud Tech stacks
- 5+ years of experience with Hadoop or Cloud Technologies
- Expert level building pipelines using Apache Beam or Spark
- Familiarity with core provider services from AWS, Azure or GCP, preferably having supported deployments on one or more of these platforms
- Experience with all aspects of DevOps (source control, continuous integration, deployments, etc.)
- You have experience with containerization and related technologies (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes)
- Experience in other open-sources like Druid, Elastic Search, Logstash etc is a plus
- Advanced knowledge of the Hadoop ecosystem and Big Data technologies
- Hands-on experience with the Hadoop eco-system (HDFS, MapReduce, Hive, Impala, Spark, Kafka, Kudu, Solr)
- Knowledge of agile(scrum) development methodology is a plus
- Strong development/automation skills
- Competent reading and writing Scala, Python or Java code.
- System level understanding - Data structures, algorithms, distributed storage & compute
- Can-do attitude on solving complex business problems, good interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Degree in Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or equivalent
Working at a high-tech cybersecurity company within Information Technology is a once in a lifetime opportunity. You’ll be joined with the brightest minds in technology, creating, building, and supporting tools and that enable our global teams on the front line of defense against cyberattacks. We’re joined by one mission – but driven by the impact of that mission and what it means to protect our way of life in the digital age. Join a dynamic and fast-paced team that feels excitement at the prospect of a challenge and feels a thrill at resolving technical gaps that inhibit productivity.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our dedication to inclusion and innovation, visit our Life at Palo Alto Networks page and our diversity website.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or an accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Back to top