Channel Systems Engineer - Netherlands
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
As a Palo Alto Networks Channel Systems Engineer (ChSE), you will be responsible for presenting the Palo Alto Networks Next-Generation security platform & technology solutions to Palo Alto Networks’ most strategic and impactful channel partners. As a field-based Channel SE, you will be tasked with delivering training, best practices and demonstrations of PANW products in person and remotely. You will be accountable for gathering the partner’s technical requirements for new features and knowledge.
As an extended member of the Sales and Channels team, the Channel SE will align with the PANW Sales teams and Channel Account Managers in the region to create update and deliver the partner technical enablement strategy. The impact of this person will be tracked and used as one key variable in how they get compensated.
- Build relationships with key partner and PANW SE’s within their resident geography and assigned partner base
- Focus on enablement & relationships for limited number of partners & new recruits
- Management and creation of technical enablement plan for channel partners
- Owns, monitors, reports on, and drives technical enablement activities for assigned partner base
- Trains SEs and Value Added Distributor how to deliver technical enablement plan for their partner base
- Be a Palo Alto Networks technical knowledge: networking, security, competition and channels business dynamics
- Can walk the talk: lead lab, demo, best practices session & workshops
- Provide on the job training for partner SE’s by allowing partner SE’s to shadow presentations and evaluation installations
- Coordinate partner training activities with wide range of PANW field & corporate resources
- Host CNSE study groups to provide tutoring opportunities for partner SEs
- Provide ad-hoc support for evaluations and post sales issues with partner engineers, and quickly transition them to appropriate internal resources
- Present at channel driven marketing activities on an as-needed basis
- Assist in the selling effort to partner technical resources during new partner recruitment
- Collaborates with other Channel SEs and in-geo SEs & AMs, trainers
- BSCS or equivalent
- 3+ years of experience as an SE preferably in a partner facing role
- Experience designing, selling, demonstrating, installing and troubleshooting network infrastructure and security products
- Experience that emphasizes L2-L4 Networking (L2 Switching architectures including Spanning Tree, IP routing including OSPF and BGP, L4 Load balancing)
- Ability to work independently while following prescribed enablement plan
- Travel of approximately 50% within resident/home region
- Self-motivated, high-energy and fun spirited individual who takes a very friendly and helping-hand approach
- Strong communication (written and verbal) and presentation skills, both internally and externally. Can passionately deliver high-level messaging & most TOI sessions. Good communication skills in English and Dutch are necessary
- Strong problem finding and solving skills, ability to analyze complex problems and use a systematic approach to gain quick resolution, even under duress
- Highly preferred: Technical Channel SE experience working with assigned partners and understanding of a channel centric go to market approach
- Experience working on Palo Alto Networks products (ACE and CNSE certs)
- Experience from companies in the enterprise networking security space
- Experience installing and configuring virtual environments
- Experience understanding threat signatures and their creation
As part of our SE team, you help support the sales team with technical expertise and guidance when establishing trust with key clients. You won’t find someone at Palo Alto Networks that isn’t committed to your success – with everyone pitching in to assist when it comes to solutions selling, learning, and development. As a member of our systems engineer team, you are driven by a solutions-focused sales environment and find fulfillment in working with clients to resolve incredible complex cyberthreats.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our dedication to inclusion and innovation, visit our Life at Palo Alto Networks page and our diversity website.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or an accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at email@example.com.
Back to top