Channel Systems Engineer, Melbourne
As a Palo Alto Networks' Channel Systems Engineer (ChSE), you will be responsible for presenting the Palo Alto Networks Next Generation security platform & technology solutions to Palo Alto Networks’ most strategic and impactful channel partners. As a field based Channel SE, you will be tasked with delivering training, best practices and demonstrations of PANW products in person and remotely. You will be accountable for gathering the partner’s technical requirements for new features and knowledge.
As an extended member of the Sales and Channels team, the Channel SE will align with the PANW Sales teams and Channel Account Managers in the region to create update and deliver the partner technical enablement strategy. The impact of this person will be tracked and used as one key variable in how they get compensated.
- Build relationships with key partner and PANW SE’s within their resident geography and assigned partner base
- Focus on enablement & relationships for limited number of partners & new recruits
- Management and creation of technical enablement plan for channel partners
- Owns, monitors, reports on, and drives technical enablement activities for assigned partner base
- Teaches in-geo SEs and Value Added Distributor how to manage and deliver technical enablement plan for their partner base
- Be a PANW technical expert: know networking, security, competition and channels business dynamics
- Can walk the talk: lead lab, demo, best practices session & workshops
- Provide on the job training for partner SE’s by allowing partner SE’s to shadow presentations and evaluation installations.
- Coordinate partner training activities with wide range of PANW field & corporate resources
- Host CNSE study groups to provide tutoring opportunities for partner SEs
- Provide ad-hoc support for evaluations and post sales issues with partner engineers, and quickly transition them to appropriate internal resources
- Present at channel driven marketing activities on an as needed basis.
- Assist in the selling effort to partner technical resources during new partner recruitment
- Collaborates with other Channel SEs and in-geo SEs & AMs, trainers
- Experience designing, selling, demonstrating, installing and troubleshooting network infrastructure and security products.
- Experience that emphasizes L2-L4 Networking (L2 Switching architectures including Spanning Tree, IP routing including OSPF and BGP ,L4 Load balancing )
- Ability to work independently while following prescribed enablement plan BSCS or equivalent and 3+ years of experience as an SE preferably in a partner facing role.
- Travel of approximately 50% within resident/home region.
- Self-motivated, high-energy and fun spirited individual who takes a very friendly and helping-hand approach
- Strong communication (written and verbal) and presentation skills, both internally and externally. Can passionately deliver high-level messaging & most TOI sessions.
- Strong problem finding and solving skills, ability to analyze complex problems and use a systematic approach to gain quick resolution, even under duress
- Superior organizational skills
- 'Whatever it takes' attitude and motivation to do whatever necessary to assist in closing a deal
- Highly preferred: Technical Channel SE experience working with assigned partners and understanding of a channel centric go to market approach.
- Experience working on Palo Alto Networks products (ACE and CNSE certs)
- Experience from companies in the enterprise networking security space.
- Experience installing and configuring a virtual environments
- Experience understanding threat signatures and their creation
Back to top