Channel Systems Engineer, Melbourne
- Build relationships with key partner and PANW SE’s within their resident geography and assigned partner base
- Focus on enablement & relationships for limited number of partners & new recruits
- Management and creation of technical enablement plan for channel partners
- Owns, monitors, reports on, and drives technical enablement activities for assigned partner base
- Teaches in-geo SEs and Value Added Distributor how to manage and deliver technical enablement plan for their partner base
- Be a PANW technical expert: know networking, security, competition and channels business dynamics
- Can walk the talk: lead lab, demo, best practices session & workshops
- Provide on the job training for partner SE’s by allowing partner SE’s to shadow presentations and evaluation installations.
- Coordinate partner training activities with wide range of PANW field & corporate resources
- Host CNSE study groups to provide tutoring opportunities for partner SEs
- Provide ad-hoc support for evaluations and post sales issues with partner engineers, and quickly transition them to appropriate internal resources
- Present at channel driven marketing activities on an as needed basis.
- Assist in the selling effort to partner technical resources during new partner recruitment
- Collaborates with other Channel SEs and in-geo SEs & AMs, trainers
- Experience designing, selling, demonstrating, installing and troubleshooting network infrastructure and security products.
- Experience that emphasizes L2-L4 Networking (L2 Switching architectures including Spanning Tree, IP routing including OSPF and BGP ,L4 Load balancing )
- Ability to work independently while following prescribed enablement plan BSCS or equivalent and 3+ years of experience as an SE preferably in a partner facing role.
- Travel of approximately 50% within resident/home region.
- Self-motivated, high-energy and fun spirited individual who takes a very friendly and helping-hand approach
- Strong communication (written and verbal) and presentation skills, both internally and externally. Can passionately deliver high-level messaging & most TOI sessions.
- Strong problem finding and solving skills, ability to analyze complex problems and use a systematic approach to gain quick resolution, even under duress
- Superior organizational skills
- 'Whatever it takes' attitude and motivation to do whatever necessary to assist in closing a deal
- Highly preferred: Technical Channel SE experience working with assigned partners and understanding of a channel centric go to market approach.
- Experience working on Palo Alto Networks products (ACE and CNSE certs)
- Experience from companies in the enterprise networking security space.
- Experience installing and configuring a virtual environments
- Experience understanding threat signatures and their creation
Meet Some of Palo Alto Networks's Employees
VP, Supply Chain Operations
Vonnie oversees the end-to-end supply chain for the manufacture and delivery of Palo Alto Networks’ hardware, ensuring that customers receive outstanding products in a timely manner.
Back to top