Channel Sales Manager - Victoria
Channel Sales Manager - Victoria
Due to our expanding territory coverage and market share gains, positions are now available in the Palo Alto Networks Channels team for country based dynamic, high energy and driven channel sales people to work with our channel partners to help develop and sell to the newly created commercial customer sector. As a Channel Sales Manager you are the central point of customer and channel sales teams building relationships, delighting customers, enabling partners and advising the market, leading a pivotal role in expanding our fastest growing customer base.
- Achieve sales quotas on a quarterly and annual basis selling to defined commercial customers through certified two tier partners
- Manage +30% growth in a commercial territory utilizing a channel to market distribution model.
- Build and maintain a constant/future revenue pipeline
- Present regular/accurate forecasting for review
- Sell to existing customers of Palo Alto Networks and to new customers
- Ability to analyze need, present value, negotiate and close deals with IT managers and senior decision makers within territory
- Work extensively with channel partner sales and pre sales team to achieve common goals and sales targets
- Qualify and follow up on sales leads
- Maintain records of customers called and update Salesforce.com daily
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with channel partners
- Keep up to date knowledge of the industry as well as competitive position of the company
- Maximize short term revenue and long term goals
- Pre-plan account strategy with your channel partners
- Proven track record in exceeding sales quotas and targets working with channel partners
- Track record of channel sales enablement activities and territory management
- Able to exercise judgement within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action
- Preferred candidates with 6+ years sales experience in the IT industry
- Is abreast of industry trends
- Demonstrated ability to work well in a highly interactive environment
- Is passionate about their work/ Is achievement oriented
- Interacts effectively with others
- Demonstrates a professional manner and conduct
- Is able to maintain focus on daily schedule and objectives and effectively set priorities
- Understands the sales cycle in conjunction with business process externally and internally e.g. signoffs require relationships at all levels
Company Fast Facts
- More than 31,000 customers – 1,000+ added per quarter for the last 18 quarters – in 140+ countries across multiple industries.
- Over half of both the Fortune 100 and Global 2000 rely on us to improve their cybersecurity posture.
- Fiscal year 2015 revenue was $928.1 million, a 55% year-over-year increase – growth that significantly outpaced the industry.
- Ranked an enterprise firewall market leader by Gartner in 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 (published May 2016).
- Partnered with elite IT leaders, such as Proofpoint, Splunk, Tanium and VMware.
- Global support organization (Americas, EMEA, Asia and Japan) recognized for exceptional services, including:
- D. Power and TSIA “Outstanding Customer Support Experience” (2015) for assisted support
- TSIA “Outstanding Worldwide” rating (2015) for commitment to customer support
- TSIA STAR Award for innovation (2014)
- Ranked #1 as “best place to work” in the Bay Area by SF Business Times (2016) with more than 3,500 employees worldwide.
- IPO July 2012; stock symbol on the NYSE: PANW.
Back to top