Channel Business Manager - Scotland & Ireland
Palo Alto Networks® is the fastest-growing security company in history. We offer the chance to be part of an important mission: ending breaches and protecting our way of digital life. If you are a motivated, intelligent, creative, and hardworking individual, then this job is for you!
An opportunity to join the channel team of the most dynamic and disruptive cyber security vendor in the UK today. The channel team is an important sales led function owning the strategy and relationships with all channel partners for the Western Europe region (UK, Ireland and South Africa). The Channel Business Manager (CBM) is vital to the development and growth of the Palo Alto Networks business, through collaboration with all areas of our and our Partners business functions.
A Palo Alto Networks CBM is an experienced business individual with broad market knowledge, capable of applying that knowledge to the benefit of Palo Alto Networks sales groups and partner sales teams alike. The CBM is capable of being a trusted business advisor - developing and holding relationships with senior management. At the same time the CBM must be able to work with individual sales and technical staff, to develop their capabilities, potential services revenue streams and assist with individual opportunities.
The role of the CBM for Scotland and Ireland is to develop the partner base within those territories to support the business growth goals and plans of the in-country Palo Alto Networks sales teams.
The primary function is to develop and own a territory channel business plan, in conjunction with the local sales teams and distributors, to identify, build and execute on a channel strategy to increase the amount of Partners committed to the sale of Palo Alto Networks solutions and the support of that technology, ensuring that the partner base is capable of supporting those markets from the perspective of the technology, solutions and services required by the customers in those territories.
- Create the Channel Business Plan per territory utilising the advice and input of local Palo Alto Networks and existing local distribution staff, leveraging the resources that may be available
- Develop a list of target partners to work with, whether existing or net new, in order to cover the target addressable market
- Build business plans with key identified partners to execute on building opportunities and closing business
- Within the overall plan, ensure that there is adequate support from partners in the territory to develop and close business on specific technology areas of Palo Alto Networks offerings eg Traps, GPCS, Evident and so on.
- Show the way – be confident and capable in developing Palo Alto Networks opportunities directly with the end user to be the example to partner sales staff and, later, support them in end user opportunities
- Ensure channels comply to Partner Program accreditation levels.
- Set and measure strong but reachable goals with channels.
- Balance short term initiatives with longer term development.
- Enable partner sales and pre-sales staff to become capable of identifying, progressing and closing Palo Alto Networks technology business
- Create and take initiatives to build a channel community of committed and knowledgeable channel sales and technical people.
- Work together with other functional managers within the country (sales, pre-sales, marketing and inside sales)
- Work within the UK channel team and report into Director WEUR Channels and into Regional Sales Leader
- Position is based ideally in or close to Glasgow/Edinburgh
- Be able to demonstrate a track record of success in acquiring and developing Channel partners
- Experience of progressive channel development experience.
- Tangible track record of building channel business successfully in a fast-growing environment.
- Key relationships built at numerous VAR's and large systems integrators at all levels in territory is desirable.
- Demonstrable ability in end user sales is also desirable
- Traveling within the country or region is required, with some trips within Europe and to US.
- Focussed. Business minded. Able to prioritize.
- Collaborative approach – team player
Back to top