Channel Business Manager - NSW
- Drive the sale of the company’s portfolio through nominated resellers to achieve financial targets that adhere to the strategy set at country or regional level.
- Champion the needs of the reseller and distributor within the company, ensuring the highest levels of responsiveness and engagement are met.
Understand the Business of your selected Resellers and Distributors(s):
- Evaluation of their Management Team’s strength, as well as their Credit and Financial stability
- Provide updates to company’s Executives as / when necessary
- Analysis of their Return on Working Capital to enable learned discussions on increased profitability
- Understand if the Solution Provider has Vertical / Horizontal expertise
- Develop clear value propositions, differentiation and core competencies
- Define their addressable market and quantify the share of that market
- Evaluation of Sales skills and capabilities, are they focused on retaining, developing or acquiring business (RAD framework)
- Evaluation of Technology skills and capabilities, can they introduce new products to open new market sectors
- Continual awareness of percentage of company revenue from portfolio
- Understand their compensation structure and articulate rewards of over achievement for both the team and the individual when positioning company’s product
- Knowledgeable of distribution inventory turns, optimization and POS reporting requirements
Planning and Sales Analysis
- Agree and create strategic plans that address all functional areas of their business; to include SMART* objectives for Sales, Marketing and Services
- Undertake QBR and regular business reviews with your Partners to ensure successful completion of objectives as outlined within the strategic plan
- Review sales data to understand trends and propose appropriate strategies to increase revenue and margin attainment; focus should be on product blend (revenue / units), number of deal registrations per month / quarter, percentage of sales with partner led, service attach rates and average discount to end customer
- Weekly review and presentation of key deals / pipeline / funnel management that supports the forecast
- Detailed reporting and maintenance of salesforce.com
- Encourage / lobby the reseller sales force to execute upon the agreed business plan to achieve forecasted financial targets:
- Together with the reseller management regularly confirm all members of their team are aware and working towards the agreed objectives of the plan
- Identification and relationship building with top performing Sales employees, goal being to focus their attention on positioning company’s solutions over any alternative offering
- Train sales and technical teams to competently up sell / cross sell company’s solutions including possible integration with alliance platforms
- Accountable for the High Touch Account Mapping & Engagement between Palo Alto Networks and the reseller, review feedback between both teams on a regular basis
- Drive regular customer demonstrations and evaluate win ratio against blind pricing opportunities
- Ability to demonstrate company’s $ pull through ratio is highly desirable
- Provide regular updates on company’s Primary Initiatives, Promotions and Pricing that may help in the execution of the overall plan. These should also be highlighted at every QBR
- Review adoption rate of Promotions and seek feedback from Partner on success and how they could be improved to increase effectiveness
- Responsible for partner being certified and having a clear program via company education to maintain / improve both sales and technical competence
- Liaise with Channel Marketing to understand partners Joint Marketing Funds (JMF) and how they will be utilized to deliver agreed business objectives
- Responsible for Partner having a clear understanding of company’s product and services roadmap and effectively introduce new solutions into their portfolio
- Reseller and company CBM to have detailed understanding of Palo alto Networks complete product and services portfolio.
- Reseller and company CBM to have detailed understanding of the offerings provided by company’s competitors and have ability to articulate our competitive advantage:
- Training and positioning of company’s Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) and Return on Investment (ROI) tools should occur on a regular basis
- CBM to have accountability for all engagement between company and the reseller; to include Sales, Marketing, Services, Finance, Engineering, and Regional Executive Management
Develop new Partner relationships that lead to achievement of the Regional Growth Plan
- Work closely with the Director Channels APAC and RSD for the identification, analysis and appointment of suitable Solution Providers that adhere to the Business Plan set out by the RSD and Channels Director
- Criteria will include:
- Basic understanding of the Market opportunity that the new Partner will deliver on. Example: by horizontal, vertical and product
- Ability to scope and build Business Plan to support onboarding of proposed Partner
- Partner Employees; Alliance Partners that enhance the offerings of the Reseller
- All departments within the company team that have an impact to the partners business
- Education to degree level in business or similar discipline
- Minimum 5 years working within a sales organization
- Minimum 3 years in indirect sales with proven experience in channel management with System Integrators and / or Value-Added Resellers
- Proven sales campaign management abilities. Experience of using and implementing structured sales techniques spanning the entire sales cycle i.e. identification and qualification of opportunities, business development, order fulfilment and ongoing account management.
- Understanding of Gross Margin and Margin Blend
- Demonstrable track record of campaign delivery. The ability to use a wide range of skills (listening, questioning, qualifying, gaining commitment, negotiating, summarizing, closing etc.) in order to achieve targets.
- Results oriented with a proven ability to deliver against stretch targets.
- Maturity to display natural team leadership as well as team player skills.
- Articulate verbally and in writing
- Excellent Presentation Skills with the ability to influence at senior levels within a Partner organization
- Commercially astute, with the ability to promote and sell the company offer on a conceptual basis and through highlighting business benefit as well as product features.
Back to top