CAP Manager / Escalation Manager
Palo Alto Networks® is the fastest-growing security company in history. We offer the chance to be part of an important mission: ending breaches and protecting our way of digital life. If you are a motivated, intelligent, creative, and hardworking individual, then this job is for you!
CAP / Escalation Manager position is a strategic, high-visibility role that provides the highest level of escalation for customer issues that are jeopardizing the Palo Alto Networks business relationship and/or sales opportunities with key customers. These escalations typically have executive visibility and involve issues that span product, service, support and other business functions across Palo Alto Networks. The CAP / Escalation Manager will lead and manage the resolution of customer's critical issues by building and leading an interdepartmental, cross functional, and geographically dispersed Palo Alto Networks virtual team. In leading the virtual team, the CAP / Escalation Manager will liaise with and work across various Palo Alto Networks functional organizations and business units, and with all levels of the company; from Support, Sales, Product management and development engineers to management and corporate executives.
- Ownership for driving progress and resolution of customer's critical issues
- Engage and lead cross-functional and geographically disperse teams in the development and execution of action plans to address critical situations
- Effectively communicate critical issue status to executive staff, sales teams, and other invested parties
- Creative thinking, adaptability and versatility
- Demonstrate strong judgment at risk management and problem mitigation, as well as making timely decisions from both business and technical perspectives
- Strong ability to influence and effective at assigning tasks and responsibilities to successfully achieve all key objectives of the critical account
- Identify systemic and pervasive issues related to products and/or processes and drive actions to prevent future problems
- Program/project management of critical issues in a cross-functional environment that includes working with sales, customer and partners to resolve complex and critical issues
- Strong capacity for Influencing, negotiating and delegating efforts
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including the ability to provide regular updates (verbal and written) to Corporate Executives
- Ability to work in a fast paced, challenging environment with global customers
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize with a goal of driving issues to closure on behalf of the customer
- A “whatever it takes” customer-first attitude and a willingness to go the extra mile to foster customer success
- Demonstrated ability to lead and motivate others
- Experience as Escalations Engineer, Technical Account Management, Engineering Management, Customer Support Management, or similar roles desired
- 8+ years of customer facing sales and/or services delivery roles
- BA/BS in computer science or equivalent (MBA a plus)
Meet Some of Palo Alto Networks's Employees
VP, Supply Chain Operations
Vonnie oversees the end-to-end supply chain for the manufacture and delivery of Palo Alto Networks’ hardware, ensuring that customers receive outstanding products in a timely manner.
Back to top