Business Value Manager (BVM) – Global Protect Cloud Service (GPCS) Specialist
Palo Alto Networks is the fastest-growing security company in history and a six-time Gartner Magic Quadrant leader for our innovation and ability to execute. Named best place to work by the Silicon Valley Business Journal, we offer the chance to be part of an important mission: ending breaches and protecting our way of digital life. If you are a motivated, intelligent, creative, and hardworking individual, then this job may be for you!
Business Value Services is a strategic team that is geographically aligned within the Palo Alto Networks Sales organization and supports account and opportunity pursuits within Global 2000 accounts. We interact with sales teams and customers to determine budgeting process, accounting policies, and customers operational, technical and financial constraints. We understand the how and help establish the why.
In support of the GPCS Sales Team, you will collaborate in developing account penetration strategies with Regional Vice Presidents, Global Account Managers, and Account Executives. The candidate will position and perform Economic Feasibility Assessments to determine the economic impact of our products and services. Informed with this assessment, the candidate will prepare proposals for Chief Executive Officers, General Managers, and CISO’s of the Global 2000.
The candidate will develop business cases that communicate value realization for Boards of Directors and Chief Financial Officers to review and approve in response to capital appropriation requests for transformational investments in our platform-based security architecture.
The candidate will need to demonstrate a comfort level acting as a financial advisor, market researcher, sales strategist and cyber security analyst depending upon the specific account situation. Candidate will need to demonstrate proficiency in communicating with business, operational and technology audiences. The candidate will strive to innovate work deliverables and to bring new business insights to the table.
Business Value Services is seeking bright, creative, entrepreneurial, and highly motivated business value managers to join the Palo Alto Networks team.
- Share knowledge and insights with sales leadership to help manage the deal and prepare for negotiations.
- Drive a higher volume of large deal transactions to increase penetration in the Global 2000
- Facilitate cross-functional discovery sessions to identify and prioritize key business value drivers.
- Participate in Executive Briefings and host customer facing Economic Roundtables.
- Develop and deliver thought provoking executive level business cases that accelerate and expand opportunities and establish long-term business relationships.
- Customize and maintain sound financial models that use Excel and other SasS based modeling tools to justify strategic investment decisions.
- Act as a business value subject matter expert in account planning sessions and quarterly business reviews.
- Work closely with Palo Alto Networks sales operations and deals desk and to maintain business model (maximizing revenue and margins) and insuring that we meet compliance requirements.
- Position requires 50% travel.
Global Protect Cloud Services Specialization (GPCS):
- Candidate will support US based opportunities – primarily identified by GPCS Sales Team.
- Candidate will produce customer specific financial business case analysis for GPCS for G2K accounts.
- Candidate will develop and maintain Business Value Frameworks with an emphasis on GPCS that can be used by a broader PANW sales audience.
- Candidate is a shared resource to the global BVS team in support of GPCS opportunities outside of the targeted list.
- Candidate will leverage existing product management materials and provide input to future materials.
- Candidate will report to the Sr. Manager of Business Value Services
- This is a BVM role with a specialization in GPCS.
- Candidate has to demonstrate a proven track record in cloud-based information security including Internet security, web security, next generation firewalls, sandboxing, SSL inspection, antivirus, vulnerability and control of user activity in cloud computing, mobile and IoT environments.
- Develop and maintain trusted advisor status with customers and sales teams.
- Excellent situational awareness in handling negotiations in dynamic customer environments.
- Results-oriented strategic thinker that helps customers “take the journey from status quo to
- Familiarity with Challenger Selling methodologies.
- Excellent executive presentation skills that successfully communicate the business value of our next generation security to C-Level audiences.
- Strong verbal and written communication of qualitative and quantitative business cases.
- Deep financial analysis and modeling of TCO concepts to justify IT business cases.
- Curiosity to investigate business processes and evaluate new business and IT consumption models.
- 10+ years of experience in financial analysis, business analysis, or management consulting roles.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills including Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- College degree in business management, economics, finance, computer science or journalism preferred.
- Functional knowledge of Cyber Security Technologies.
Back to top