Business Process Architect
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission: protecting our way of life in the digital age by preventing successful cyberattacks. It’s not a small goal. It isn’t simple either, but we aren’t in this for the easy answer. As a company with a foundation in challenging the way things are done, we’re looking for innovators with a dedication to best. In return, your career will have a tangible impact – one that's working toward technology that affects every level of society.
Our mission doesn’t happen by treading softly – no, it happens by defining an industry. It means building products that haven't been thought of. It means selling products with a solutions mindset. It means supporting the infrastructure of a company that moves at an incredible speed – intentionally – to stay ahead of the world’s next cyberthreat.
The Business Process Architect will lead process improvement initiatives for multiple cross functional areas to streamline process flow, reduce waste and increase effectiveness. He/she understands best practices regarding process design to evaluate and assess efficiency gaps and opportunities.
The Business Process Architect will work closely w/ business leaders and product managers to develop an integrated view of the enterprise using a repeatable & cohesive framework. While identifying gaps and simplifying our cross functional processes.
They will also play a role in informing enterprise decisions and roadmaps for investment in improved or new capabilities, helping determine what capabilities the enterprise must develop in order to exponentially improve customer experience while realizing increased operational efficiencies
The Business Process Architect should be strong in business process redesign, preferably hired from top consulting firms, have excellent communication and influencing skills, be adapt in some elements of value engineering or six sigma, and be able to package material together to make it easily understood and compelling business case. From the work performed by these architects will come out specific initiatives that will be executed within functions. The business process architects in most cases will not be responsible for execution.
- Develop a business architecture strategy and methodology for capturing the key views of the enterprise
- Define the set of strategic, core and support processes that transcend functional and organizational boundaries
- Delivers measurable business process improvements, while re-engineering key processes and capabilities and maps to future-state vision
- Collaborate with business leaders and Product Managers to identify and evaluate key drivers to accelerate organization performance
- Primary focus will be to lead cross functional process improvement initiatives with disciplined, multi-tier process improvement methods
- Create process and procedure documentation including value stream maps and workflow charts.
- Develops and evaluates performance metrics to establish process success, work w/ multiple stakeholders, often with competing/conflicting objectives, to ensure cohesive and reachable measures of success
- Reviews post-implementation data to measure success; participates in defining standards for improving success
- A broad, enterprise-wide view of the business and a solid understanding of business processes and capabilities, enabling technologies, and business outcome
- The ability to recognize structural issues within the organization, functional interdependencies and cross-silo redundancies
- Experience modeling & visualizing business processes using a variety of tools and techniques to mature the business architecture posture
- Exceptional communication skills and the ability to communicate appropriately at all levels of the organization; this includes written and verbal communications as well as visualizations
- Successfully led complex enterprise design/process improvement efforts
- Proven knowledge of design/improvement tools and techniques
- Business thinking and highly strategic in order to define practical solutions that align with corporate strategy
- Solid business process redesign experience required; experience from top consulting firm preferred
Working at a high-tech cybersecurity company within Information Technology is a once in a lifetime opportunity. You’ll be joined with the brightest minds in technology, creating, building, and supporting tools and that enable our global teams on the front line of defense against cyberattacks. We’re joined by one mission – but driven by the impact of that mission and what it means to protect our way of life in the digital age. Join a dynamic and fast-paced team that feels excitement at the prospect of a challenge and feels a thrill at resolving technical gaps that inhibit productivity.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our dedication to inclusion and innovation, visit our Life at Palo Alto Networks page and our diversity website.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or an accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at email@example.com.
Back to top